iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fishing in the back yard

Started by Raider Bill, June 04, 2007, 08:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

scgargoyle

Biggest thing I could catch in my backyard would be a gator.... maybe it's time to move AWAY from the water!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

LeeB

BAck in the days when we could still fish off the rig, I landed one that measured 10'6". I didn't have him too much though. I hooked him twice before getting him on the third hook. First two times were on a rod and reel w/ 100lb test. It broke the first hook off, snapped the line on the second. The third time I hooked it was with a jimmy rigged and line made from a life raft davit. When it hit the line that time I couldn't hold the handle so I let go before I lsot an arm. The crank was spinning like a propeller. It peeled off about 200ft of line and then stopped dead. I figured it had chewed through as I had no leader, just rope. When I started to crank in the line it was like pulling a truck through sand. When I got it up to surface i found that it had thrown a half hitch around it's tail. It took six men to pull it up. I figured a 100lbs per man.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

DWM II

WHOA MOMMA, I'M NOT SWIMMING IN THE BACK YARD!!
Stewardship Counts!

Thank You Sponsors!