iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Butt is Dragging

Started by chet, March 24, 2003, 04:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

My little manual Norwood just melted out of the snowbank, and jobs are piling up.   :-/    So today was the first day back sawing, all small diameter 8' hardwood. I cut 1200 feet, all 4/4, and my butt is dragging.   :(   Sure glad I do this as a hobby,  and not to make a living.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin_H.

1200 BF of 4/4 hardwood on a manual mill...Small DIB no less, you da man chet, you da man. 8) 8) 8)
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

chet

Was da man.    ::)     Right now I feel whipped, even after a couple beers to build my strengh back up.   :-[  
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

biziedizie

Chet I think it's going to take a few more beers  till ya start feeling better! :) I swear I broke my back atleast twice today and beer #3 is starting to kick in and make me feel a little more human. :D

Steve

Jeff

Chet, maybe set aside the brew and try a metamusal/Geritol cocktail. ;D ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Prune juice, Jeff, Prune juice.  It'll make you get up and go. :D

chet

Even if dat cocktail might work, my bet is dat da brew goes down a whole lot better.   ;)  I'm not one fur dem high society cocktails. Give me beer.  8)    8)

biziedizie

OK I gotta ask, what is a metamusal/Geritol cocktail? I've had many a strange drinks but nothing like this!

Steve

chet

Never tried it, but I'll bet it tastes like Tom's prune juice.   :D

Jeff

You have to mix these two. Gently shaken, never stirred, and you really should to be an old yooper to take it.

http://www.metamucil.com/

http://www.wackyuses.com/wf_geritol.html

biziedizie

Stick to the beer Chet stick to the beer!
  Speaking of booze does anyone know how to make a stil? As I'm alone while I saw I think of many things and I was thinking about having one right up there with the mill. I could use all my lumber that I burn to keep the thing going. Any ideas?

Steve

Tom

I saw a dog lap some unleaded gas and chase his tail so hard he landed on his back with his feet in the air.  ......ran out of gas. ;D

Jeff

You live to far north, you gotta live south have 3 hounds and an accent like the ARKANSAWYER to have a still. What you need is fermented beaver urine. Thats what keeps Kevin going... ;D

biziedizie

Hey Jeff should it be poured over ice or just chill it? Sounds very yummy and I'm going to try it right after I build an outhouse up at the mill. :D Can't see myself doing the 100 yard dash to the house when that drink kicks in.

Steve

Jeff

HAHHAHHAA :D :D :D

THE BEAVER URINE???

Jeff

I slipped that one in there just perfect... :D

biziedizie

No no really is it easy to make a still? I think it would be cool to have one and supply the town drunks I could make a fortune and retire. Does ARKY really have a still? Wonder if he could share his reciepes with me! And Kevin has one to? Man I think I'm in the wrong buisiness!

Steve

chet

Hate to admitt it but dat  fermented beaver pith sounds better den Jeff's cocktail.   ;D

Mark M

Chet don't forget da smoked suckers! You can't drink beer without suckers.  ;)

Mark

biziedizie

I need some of those Mark! But first of all what are they? And where do you get them and should I drink local beer with them or that other over priced stuff?

Steve

Mark M

Hi Steve

They are an ugly fish that looks like a carp. We used to catch them each spring in a creek that drained a big beaver pond. You could use a spear, dip net, but the funnest way was to just jump right in can catch them with your hands. There were hundreds in a small pool but they move fast and are pretty slippery. My Yooper uncle used to do the smoking. He made them really salt so you had to drink something with them. That was the object of the game!  :D

biziedizie

Now that's good thinking on your uncles behalf Mark. There's nothing better then having a good reason to drink way to many beers!

Steve

Jason_WI

Suckers, those are fertilizer fish! Too many y bones and there bottom feeders to boot.  :-X

1200 bf ain't too bad for a day...... Did that include stacking on sticks and edging on the mill also?

I think stills are ill-eagle ;D if I remember correctly. Sumptin about tax or sumptin........ ::)

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Ianab

Re Stills..
  Yes.. they are easy to make, but in NZ you can buy them ready made from the local homebrew shop. Basically a big Stainless drum, electric water heater element in the bottom, with a sealed lid and copper distillation tower on top, feeding into a condenser tube. The wash is fermented like homebrew beer, run thru the still, then charcoal filtered. Basically you make high proof vodka, then add the falvour you want.
 I think there are 'legal' issues for you guys in the USA, but this is the web page with some info on commercial units.
http://www.stillspirits.com/
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ianab

Re Stills
  Now I see.... In the US the units are sold as 'Distillation Water Purifiers' and 'Essential Oil Extractors'. And I guess some might even be used for that  ::)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!