iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wildwood Dean's Red Mushroom

Started by TexasTimbers, May 29, 2007, 12:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

Does anyone know what kind of mushroom this is? For Wildwood Dean to not know means it must be rare. He lives less than 2 miles from me and knows this country like the back of his hand. He is a character. His Dogwood furniture is all around thge planet now and even been in Nieman Marcus catalog.
Anyway he needs help with this red mushroom. Any ideas?

Here's the link to his website where he gives more info. Wildwood dean's Red River Report
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Texas Ranger

Royal Caesarium, also called Death Angel, I think.  Lot of em around east Texas.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

TexasTimbers

Thanks. Sent him an email and gave you credit. :)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Dodgy Loner

I'm not familiar with the Royal Caesarium, but the mushroom I know as the Death Angel is solid white, not red.  This website provides a description: http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/sept97.html
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Tom

We've done some research on Death Caps already  That particular type of mushroom is highly poisonous and there is no known remedy.  There range is great and they are white, red and everything in between.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=16085.0

SwampDonkey

They are even up this way. But, I'm no expert on them and don't know the names of 99.999999% of'm. I had a shroom book, until my brother told me that I gave it to him. I seem to forget that gesture.  :D ;D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!