iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey Georgia, Florida . . . .

Started by TexasTimbers, May 28, 2007, 02:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

We are getting so much rain in this part of Texas we are about to float down the Red River straight into the GOM.

How's about we trade some of this stuff for some good 'ol Georgia sunshine ???  8)

I had just about decided to start building an Ark when I seen a rainbow and remembered we will perish by fire this next time. Maybe you folks in Georgia and Flaorida are ushering in Armegeddon. :o

Well just pack up and come to Fannin County evidently we are the oasis amid the firestorms.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

DanG

Hey, let Florida in on the deal too!

Too bad we can't do anything about the distribution of rainfall, but a pipeline down the middle of I-10 don't sound like a bad idea.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

TexasTimbers

Oh yes we ain't puh-ticka-ler. We like Florida sunshine as well as any. I like that pipeline idee! One pipe would have rainwater headed East and the other could be lined with solar tube and be piping photons to the West! 8)

Sid

Sounds good to me!!
Is this a equal trade or  is someone going to have to give  a little boot?
At this point, I might be willing to throw in a little extra ;D

customsawyer

Be careful offering those Texas folks anything extra. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

TexasTimbers

I dunno. I do believe we are going to float away. It's still raining. I might be will to take the short straw on this deal, just as long as the straw is dry. I have wood to cut but I am afraid by the time it quitrs raining all the logs will have floated off and there won't be nothin to cut.

WDH

At my place, we are into the 7th straight week with no rain.  I am desperate and ready to deal :-\.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

TexasTimbers

On my way into town this morning I like to have not made it across one of the bridges over the crik. the one right by my house. Once I did get into town there were some streets closed. We have gotten so much rain here in Fannin County, Texas I figure Fannin County, Georgia ought to be getting it just from overflow.

WDH

Kevin, as you know, I have been working some in Texas.  It is beyond amazing what is happening there with the weather......raining almost every day.  In Georgia in the area where I live (Central Georgia), this is the first May since weather records have been kept that there was no recorded rainfall in the month of May (also none in the last two weeks of April). 

But, it is raining every day in East Texas and parts of Louisianna.  A case where you are standing on a block of ice and your hair is on fire.  On average, your temperature is fine. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

TexasTimbers

Pretty rare isn't it, for both conditions to be lasting this long, this close together. Georgia and Texas are  not that far apart. I haven't checked into it, but I wonder what is keeping our thunderstorms from penetrating the eastern corridor? Maybe all those fires have created enough of a high pressure zone that the storms hit it and just bounce off and up the the north east.

WDH

Yes, I believe that high pressure in the Southeast is blocking the flow of gulf air causing all the rain to fall in the mid-south.

DanG

It's so dry in Florida that 12,000 acres of the largest lake in the state has burned. :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

TexasTimbers

Have you Floridians or Georgians got any rain yet? We still have not had much of a break on the rain. A little, but not a whole lot. It is thundering again and still raining almost everyday.  Very discouraging. I have not put in as many roads nor poured as much concrete (still no shop aprons) as I need and this place is a mud pit.

Hope y'all have got some rain anyhow. We need a letup.

WDH

Yes, finally a little.  About 3" over the last 2 weeks.  Y'all are getting that every couple of days :).  My garden is in poor shape, but hanging on.  Got 3 tomatoes and 4 squashes so far.  Green beans are toast.  Peppers trying to come on.  Weird weather.  Must be Solar Bifurcation.

DanG

Still no relief here.  There have been scattered showers and storms in the area, but they all seem to go around me. :-\  One shower got within a half-mile of me yesterday, but I got zippitydoodah!  I doubt if I've had a one inch total in the last 2 months!

Haytrader

We would be glad to share some rain with ya'all.
I had another .8 last night. Someone reported a guy about 15 miles from here had over 5 inches. The TV ticker tape has a whole bunch of counties in a flash flood watch.
Normally we would not complain but it is wheat harvest time. Custom cutters were just getting in the area and now it seems we get rain daily.
I made the statement to some farmers that if anyone was wanting to sell any land that they should now as everything is green and purdy. ;D
Haytrader

Faron

We are getting plenty dry here in southern Indiana.  I wouldn't say it is critical yet, but a good rain would be most welcome.  You have to kind of swallow hard when it is real dry like this, and it is time to sidedress $500 per ton anhydrous ammonia.   :o  Ya got to have it to made a corn crop, but without water.......  The market is taking notice too, with some healthy jumps in the corn market in the last few days.  We started the season with high subsoil moisture due to a wet summer, fall, and winter.  I think that is a good deal of what is keeping us going right now.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

DanG

It is way past critical here.  I dug out a big pine stump the other day, and found no moisture seven feet down.  Oaks and pecans are starting to wilt, and the lawn is toast.  The "Official" Gov't stats look like things are on the upswing, but they had a gulleywasher at the NOAA site the other day.  I got nothing. :-\

The hay cutting type folks around here haven't made the first bale this year.  They're usually well past the second cut by now.  The only positive thing I can imagine is, I might get a visit with Haytrader before long. ;D

Faron

We sometimes forget up here that Florida is a major cattle producing state.  Some of the areas that are getting too much rain now about dried up and blew away last year. Lots of herds were sold, I was told.  Is the same thing fixing to happpen in the Southeast?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

DanG

I really don't know, Faron.  I think it is safe to assume that some herds will at least be thinned.  Most of the State has begun to get a little precipitation, but I seem to be the odd man out(nothing new for me :D ).  If we get ideal conditions for the rest of the year, and have a late fall, they can still make up the hay shortage, but that is a long shot, at best.  I would think some cows will be emmigrating.

WDH

DanG,  I commiserate with you because I know how serious the situation is for you.  It is tough to have to stand back and see the trees start to die :-\.

TexasTimbers

This is what it looks like fellas. That rain stuff. I have a carppy camera so you can't see the individual droips but trust me they are there. Just thought I would post a picture so you south easterners don't forget what a rain cloud looks like.

Look at my avatar. I was thinking about changing it but I figured I will trust that the sun still *is* coming up even though I can't see it anymore. I caught a glimpse looky here 8)

WDH

I see one little peek of blue sky right in the middle of the last pic.........

Thanks for the memories, Kevjay ;D.

DanG

I must report that we got 1½ inches of rain a couple of days ago.  What a blessing!  That was more than the aggregate total we've had since the first of April.  This has gone on record as the worst drought since they've been keeping records!  Weather guesser says it's gonna be a while before we get anymore, but E. Texas is gonna get some.  Congrats, Kevjay. ::)

Thank You Sponsors!