iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A full load of logs

Started by maple flats, May 26, 2007, 06:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

Today I dropped, cut and picked up a load of logs. This was likely the most i have had on this trailer. Trailer GVW=7000#, not too bad. Truck, silverado half ton, a little light but it towed well. 8 I took it to where my mill is and scaled it conservatively at 552 bf, 350 BF spruce and 202 BF butternut. I will custom saw the butternut @ 5/4" random width for furnature stock and the owner will pick it up and the spruce is for me for my house.
This was a good day.  8) 8) 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

sawguy21

Where are the pics ??? :D :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

maple flats

My plan now is to get pics before I unload tomorrow and try to learn how to post them. I have tried before and had some good coaches from this forum but I have always quit before they got thru my thick skull. Tomorrow might be the day.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

thecfarm

Pictures are hard the first time,but once you do it a few more times it gets easy.I didn't think I could do it,but there is nothing to it.Pictures have to be down sized no matter what on our dail up.I had no idea how to make a picture smaller until I started to do it here.Now we can e-mail picture to our friends.Good luck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

maple flats

I must be too thick. I took the pics now I can't upload them to my computer. I'll need to ask one of my kids for help. I did get the butternut all cut into 5/4 stock and also loaded the first spruce log on the mill. That is where I quit for the day because I had to rototill several hundred feet of new ground to set some new items this week. Surrounding one of my blueberry fields we are putting in some raspberries, cantalope, watermellon and maybe some other things to add for selection at the farmers market this summer. I have tilled long strips to plant because I have a cultivating tiller called a weed badger I will be using to keep the weeds down and it is easiest to run long rows while cultivating, mine rangs from 200' to 400' each and I did 5 rows. Now I need to plant.

maple flats

Tonight one of my daughters started resizing my pics to post them to my album but she had to leave before she got it done. She thinks she can return Saturday and finish it. I am sure she can do the job because her previous job was to teach teachers new software programs after my daughter had self taught herself said program. She did well at that but moved on because it was not challenging enough. I on the other hand am challenged by turning on the computor and performing very simple tasks. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!