iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Curly Cherry surprise

Started by Larry, May 26, 2007, 05:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Some know I have been very slowly moving from north Missouri to NW Arkansas.  I have heavily sold a lot of hardwood in the last year just to avoid moving it and the end is in sight.  The boss reminded me today to pick up a stack I had stored in her brothers shed some years ago...honey what stack? ??? ???  Found 600 bf of black cherry and all with the same curl. :) :)  Some was quartersawn and had a delicate flake plus curl.  The camera couldn't catch that.  The boards were mostly in the 6 to 10" wide range which is pretty good for what we have in north Missouri.  I remember now why I stored it at her brothers place...I didn't want anybody to know I had it or they might try and buy it...and I don't like to share the good stuff. ;D

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

PawNature

Pretty Wood. Must be female cherry
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

oakiemac

Wish I'd find a stash like that. ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

DWM II

Thats mighty good of brother in law to safely store a stash like that :) That sure is some pretty stuff.
Stewardship Counts!

Woodbender

I see some serious flaws in those boards.  *ahem* You'd be better off if I take them off your hands I think.

:D

Nice score - I wish I had a bank of cherry like that.
Tim Eastman (Woodbender)
Be an example worth following.

WDH

Ouch, Larry.  That really hurts for you to show us up so shamelessly :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

How can you forget about boards like that!?! :o  600BF and its all got curl like that? 8) 8) 8)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Kcwoodbutcher

You could sell that in a heartbeat at a great price. Seems everybody around here wants cherry, the only wood I have trouble getting.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

379hammerdown

I offer free storage services as well  smiley_wavy

John_Haylow

Very nice looking wood Larry. I would be hanging on to it as well.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Norm

You're one lucky guy Larry, not because of the beautiful cherry but because every bil I know would have sold it and said "what wood".  :D

oldsaw

Make something pretty, Larry.  That's some incredible wood.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Burlkraft

That's some awesome wood Larry............ ;D ;D ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

dewwood

Unbelieveable figure 8)  You are very wise to keep it hidden unless you want to part with it.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

rebocardo

You know, the title of this topic would probably make a good Ben & Jerrys ice cream flavor.
:)

GHRoberts

"Around 600 bf of black cherry and all with the same curl."

I don't like to share either. If you ever need to part with it. let me know. I am in Oklahoma.

WDH

Larry,

I am currently making a blanket chest for my middle daughter out of cherry.  The cherry growing around here never seems to be straight and never gets too big.  It also has a lot of gum pockets and streaks. 

I could just imagine what a blanket chest made from that curly cherry would look like :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

That's very nice grain to that cherry. I seem to recall a number of years ago finding a piece of furniture made of cherry with similar grain and i can't for the life of me picture where it was. Not very common, in dead it would be rare in these parts.

Saving it for something special Larry?  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don_Papenburg

SwampDonky , Larry forgot that he stored that at his BILs place because he promised to sell it to me .  I had forgotten about it also till he posted the pictures. Been just too busy building a house . Now I need that cherry to trim the master bath.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!