iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We interrupt this war for a special bulletin...

Started by DanG, March 20, 2003, 12:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

A tornado struck the small SW Ga. town of Camilla this morning killing 5 people and damaging 150 to 175 homes.

Camilla is about 30 miles north of me, and was the place that suffered 25 deaths from a tornado on Valentine's day, 2000.

I know all the war news will overshadow this on the networks, but y'all need to put this one on your prayer list.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mark M

Tom

Fla._Deadheader

On the list, buddy. Man, I Don'T know if I want to put up with tornaders!!  :o  Supposed to have left them in Arkyland.  ;D  What's the ground water table up there again ??
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

'Member what it did the Sunday morn you were here?  It did that some more, all over again, only WORSE!  I had to wade to the truck this mornin'. :(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Maybe I oughta sell ya my pontoon boat, so ya can mount yer mill on it?? :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Kevin_H.

I pray that even if the news networks over looked them,that the people of Camilla are getting the help they need.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

EZ

Their on my prayer list, preacher man says, things like this is what test your faith. Man O man, sometimes it seems like it's always being tested.
EZ

DanG

I'm glad to say that Camilla did get mention on a couple of networks, at least. I saw bulletins of it on ABC and Fox, and it may have been on the others, as well.
Our ABC station just interrupted the war coverage with severe weather bulletins for the counties south of me.

Frank_Pender

Frank Pender

MrMoo

Dan,
The folks in Camilla are on my prayer list.
Mike

DanG

Thanks folks.  Camilla had reason to celebrate last evening. two small children who were listed as missing all day were found, and are ok. I didn't find out if they were blown away, trapped, or just weren't there when it happened. The fact that they are ok is enough. 8)

Mosquito_Swatter

The whole Presbyterian Church in Mauston is praying for them.  Are you aware of any needs not being met?
Dave

Thank You Sponsors!