iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Forum Hall of Fame

Started by Paschale, May 12, 2007, 09:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

In the years I've been here on the Forestry Forum, there have been many times where I've read a comment by someone and laughed out loud, or thought that's one of the smartest things I've ever read, or catchiest comments I've ever seen, or some down to earth words of wisdom. 

I think we should have a thread where we put 'em, so we can find 'em again.  If you find a great comment, or something that made you smile, or made you think, cut and paste it, and put it in here.   ;D

What motivated this was a comment I read of Tom's, in a thread about grilled meat, where someone said that the char marks are carcinogenic.

Tom's words of wisdom:

Quote from: Tom on April 25, 2007, 11:50:48 PM
I suppose I'm trying to go through life without death being my ultimate goal.  It's just a symptom of the trip. :)

The other one I really like is something that used to be someone's tagline (I wanna say that it was Logrite's for awhile..of course I can't find it now that I'm looking for it).

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - ' Wow! What a ride!'

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Mooseherder

Kinda like a "Coining a Phrase type Thread eh?"

sawguy21

Paschale, I remember Patty used that one. I liked it too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paschale

Quote from: sawguy21 on May 12, 2007, 09:33:22 AM
Paschale, I remember Patty used that one. I liked it too.

That sounds right now that you mention it--definitely a keeper!

pasbuild

I would like to nominate Corley5 for his profound statement

(It's Easier to Ask for Forgiveness than Permission)
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Onthesauk

I've been collecting tag lines for years.  Page 1:

My mind is like a full 6-pack but lacking the plastic thingy to hold it all together.

"War does not determine who is right, war determines
who is left". Chinese Proverb

Stupidity Should Hurt

would the boy you were be proud of the man you are

Getting old ain't for wimps.

The best way to be successful in life is to keep the people who hate you away from the people who are undecided

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world." --Kaiser Wilhelm

Vegetarian is an old Indian word for Lousy Hunter/Fisher

"never name something you may have to eat someday" -John Wayne

The vet said I should get my dog fixed.
I didn't realize he was broken.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?" –Satchel Paige

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you to their level, then beat you with experience."
-Dilbert

If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea...does that mean that one of them enjoys it?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him to fish and he will sit in a boat, drink and lie everyday.

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

DanG

This ain't from the ForestryForum, but a local singer/songwriter has one out that's named, "I'd like to be the man my dog think's I am."
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

scgargoyle

If stupidity hurt, I'd be addicted to morphine!
I'm just a youngster here, and certainly haven't coined any great pearls of wisdom, but I'll submit my own tag line:
"An optimist is a man with two acorns and a hammock."
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Onthesauk

Page 2:

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false face for the urge to rule it." Henry Louis Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Good advice is something a man gives when he is too old to set a bad example.
Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680)

I don't give a *DanG for a man that can only spell a word one way.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.
-- George Carlin

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on shore looking like an idiot.

I killed a six pack yesterday just to watch it die...

Larry La Prise, who wrote "The Hokey Poky", died peacefully at age 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in. Then the trouble started.

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." Will Rogers

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting...Holy S**t...what a ride!

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before........

John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Quartlow

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Patty

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - ' Wow! What a ride!'

I did not think that one up, but I wish I had.  :D   It is certainly one of my favorites. I think I saw it posted by the guy who has the dog named "Mr Dodo Bird" or something like that.  ::)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

crtreedude

It isn't the shark you see that gets you, and it isn't the things you worry about that happen.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Onthesauk

Page 3:

Some people are like Slinkies....
Not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.

Alcohol Tobacco Firearms, should be a convenience store instead of a government agency

I'm not a complete idiot; I have a few parts missing.

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

"Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering."

Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

"I didn't say it was your fault. What I said was, I was going to blame you."

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Nothing right in my left brain ....  nothing left in my right

I've gone to find myself.  If I should return before I get back please ask me to wait.

The art of government is to make two-thirds of a nation pay all it possibly can pay for the benefit of the other third.—Voltaire

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." 
Groucho Marx
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

KGNC

Since we have gotten away from FF quotes here are a couple of my favorites.

"If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."
                              Abraham Maslow

"Time is what keeps everything from happening at once. Space is what keeps it from happening to you."
Dace Campbell

Onthesauk

Sometimes we need to change our strategy.
If we always do what we've always done,
we'll always get what we've always gotten.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Wudman

English Prime Minister Tony Blair's comment when asked by one of his parliment members why he believes so much in America:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in....And how many want out.  Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American G.I."
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Bro. Noble

In reference to jogging.......  " I figger the heart is good for a given number of beats and I don't aim to waste mine running up and down the road"

Tom Cadenhead
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Paschale

Roxie

"Go ahead and make light of a serious situation    Just for that,  I ain't telling you how it ended and you'll always wonder if I'm laying there under a pile of pine needlas and buffalo excrement"

Bro. Noble July 2006
Say when

Roxie

and

"See the problem with most folks is they believe that we of the South think as slow as we speak.  Fact is we are a thinking much faster and are a wondering if'n it is a worth saying.  A feller should taste his words before he spits them out."

Arkansawyer March 2007

Say when

Bro. Noble

"TWICE"

Kevin's response to Jeff's reprimand for driving right past the Harrison turnoff while visiting relatives.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

pasbuild

Subject: Ted Nugent

Ted Nugent, Rock star and avid bowhunter was being interviewed by a French
journalist and the discussion came around to deer hunting.

The journalist asked, "What do you think is the last thought in the head of
a deer before you shoot him? Is it, 'Are you my friend?' or is it 'Are you
the one who killed my brother?'"

Nugent replied, "Deer aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care
about is, "What am I going to eat next, who am I going to s...w next, and
can I run fast enough to get away. They are very much like the French."
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Paschale

Perhaps my all time favorite from the Forestry Forum, from good ole Mark M:

"Norm, I hope da wife doesn't get lost in dat DanG snow storm! By the way dats the biggest outhouse I ever did see just off da end of ur barn in dat pitcher. I see da wind musta blowed roof clean off that crapper"

Makes me laugh every time...

Patty

Yea, Mark would've sure enjoyed the mighty silo shoot.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Sprucegum

"I am so highly trained I can speak without thinking." John Candy

customsawyer

This is not from the forum but the one I like the most is "The worst thing we can do for a loved one is something they can do there self." I can't remember where I got it from but it stuck.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Oh yeah!  You're talking about the classic "gownless evening strap."

DanG
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

:D :D :D  That was classic DanG! 
Say when

DanG

Thanx Rox.  I stole it from Johnny Carson. ;D

Asy has a classic in her signature line; "Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake."   :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

Here in town for years they always used to ask me if I wanted "Paper or Plastic"  I hope its not my fault they quit giving us the choice of using paper after I started answering "I don't care, I'm Bi-Sack-Sual."

The Boss
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Roxie

Yes...that WAS a classic!   :D :D

My favorite Asy line is her avatar which says,
"Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed." 

She is such an honest person.   :D
Say when

Jeff

I see da wind musta blowed roof clean off that crapper?

Mark M from the going to town thread.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=2339.0

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!