iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grizzly 17" bandsaw or build one

Started by highpockets, May 12, 2007, 06:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highpockets

I been trying to design a bandsaw for a couple of weeks.  I had planned to use some 20" wheels but have about decided to maybe buy a Grizzly.  Are there any of you that own a Grizzly. The one I'm looking at is the 17" heavy duty one. 

Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

treecyclers

I have one.
Darn good saw for the money.
Likes to eat the guide bearings though. May be something to do with me cutting so much mesquite though...very abrasive...
Superdave
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Radar67

I've got the 14 inch from Grizzly and it is a very nice saw.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

highpockets

Thanks, while sitting at the breakfast table, I asked my wife what she thought about me getting a saw. She said "you know I don't care what you by".  I guess after 39 years of marriage and a whole shop full of machine tools, she was wondering why I am asking now.  I am not sure either.  Ha Ha.
Louisiana Country boy
homemade mill, 20 h.p. Honda & 4 h.p. for hydraulics.  8 hydraulic circuits, loads, clamps, rotates, etc.

highpockets

Louisiana Country boy

jgoodhart

I have the 19" Grizzly and no problems at all.

highpockets

Mine arrived about 13:00 hours. I installed a 1" blade and sawed a few things. I think I like it.

Louisiana Country boy

jgoodhart

Thank You Sponsors!