iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new reason blue ox is cool

Started by woodmills1, May 11, 2007, 07:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

The pine market is in the dumps up here.  Mills have 90 days of wood cut and 90 days of logs, with stain immenent and no buyers.     BUT,  with me having 15 or 1600 max delivery on anyone load I haven't been shut off.  Many others have been cut off completley and they raised the upper dia limit to 10 inch.  Thats ok cause the woodmizer doesnt mind the 8 and 9 at all.  Pine pallet is down to 130 bucks per and now only one other category at 250 but for me I never sent much High grade.  It used to be 170 pallet 230  and then 320 for prime so actually I am getting 20 more for most of what I bring.  So, I guess I found a niche even inna down turn.  Did I tell ya I was sitting on 1300 feet of aspen polar worth maybe 130 bucks with a 40 dollar gas delivery but found a cut customer at 56 cents per bd ft. :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

althought I put in 100 logs this last 7 day period. 8) :D :D.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

blueox

James

I'm glad you found your niche!! I knew you would love your Blue Ox. Glad to hear things are going well for you!

Laurel

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

Dodgy Loner

Woodsmills, I have no clue what you just said.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

woodmills1

100 logs to the concentration yard in one week

JimBuis

Quote from: Dodgy Loner on May 25, 2007, 12:02:17 PM
Woodsmills, I have no clue what you just said.

That's okay loner, I didn't understand it either. ;D

Jim
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Dan_Shade

the mills are only buying in small quantities, and he's pretty happy about that.

and of course, he's happy about blue ox.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Timbercrk1

Lets see some pics of the blue ox and what your pullin it with!  :P

woodmills1

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodmills1

he is younger than i am now :D but he never worked as hard.  Delivered 640 sg ft of shiplap 8 ft pine just before dark.  Nice how it goes from 50 cents to a buck and a quarter, what with planing, jointing, and shiplapping.

Timbercrk1

One word...Awesome! I need a bib for the drool. What truck is that? Can't tell from the pic 350 0r 550?

Timbercrk1

Oh wait looked to quick was staring at the trailer looks like a chevy??? If you don't mind how much the trailer run ya?? How much weight can you haul with that combo? Thanks 8)

woodmills1

chevy 3500 4x4, it does a good job but a 4500 or 5500 would be better.  My Lil Ox is a 14000 lb gvw, while the big ox is 20,000.  I wouldnt tow a big ox with a one ton.  The trailer hauls around 1600 bd ft max but I also add some 8 footers to the truck. send me a PM for the cost.

Thank You Sponsors!