iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Favorite Mulberry Tree

Started by WDH, May 10, 2007, 09:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesquite buckeye

Happy times, huh WDH? I can eat the berries, but not a favorite. I'm wondering if your tree has especially good flavored ones or you just like mulberries.

BTW, no me gusta boy mulberry trees; they make me sneeze. ;D 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Weekend_Sawyer

You have reminded me of when I was a kid, we would have mulberry fights. Those white T shirts would never come clean.  :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

pigman

Looks like I will miss out on eating some of your mulberries this year. I am sure you are upset that you don't get to share. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

ancjr

We had a mulberry at our house when I was a kid.  Dad always wanted to cut it down because it was right next to the driveway, but mom and I protested.  When I started driving, I took the mulberry parking spot as a way to keep the peace and save the mulberry tree and never regretted it!   :)

WDH

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on May 30, 2013, 12:54:24 PM
I'm wondering if your tree has especially good flavored ones or you just like mulberries.

They are especially sweet. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

Lots better, or just a little?

If it is a lot better, it may be worth propagating. Just thinkin'. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

Dad has 3 'Russian' mulberries he set out a couple years ago, and they seem to grow fast. I'm not sure they will live to produce any fruit. I'm not so sure of their frost hardiness claims, one seems to leave out a lot slower than the others. When someone puts a tag on a tree with a wide frost hardiness zone, say 3-7, I never hold out much hope.  Especially when your in the 3 zone. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

The mulberries are late again this year.  I found that they were being grazed by a group of animals.

From the left, Raider Bill, Poston, and Wildbill.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dave Shepard

Are you allowed to live trap and relocate those animals? :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

OneWithWood

I believe they are on the endangered species list and only to be approached with caution.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Dave Shepard

I'm with you on the approach with caution part!  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

julio

I think the little one the middle may be the leader. 8)
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

WDH

Yep, they need to be road tripped  :D. 

goose63

Keep a close EYE on em thy will be dancing under that tree :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Dodgy Loner

Which one is the monkey and which one is the weasel? ;D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WDH

Not as many mulberries this year, but the ones there are fat and plump.  Like a couple of these mulberry thieves that I posted a pic of a few years ago  :).

Here are the thieves...........posted once again.

Dave Shepard

I think I saw those guys on the wall at the post office.

Klunker

those boys would be alot slimmer if they ate from my mulberries. The birds get the berries once they start turning red. Its rare to find a ripe mulberry. :'(

caveman

I can positively identify the taller one and the shorter one but do not think I have had the privilege of meeting the one on the far left but I have a pretty fair guess of who he is.  The mulberries are sweet treats.
Caveman
Caveman

Raider Bill

He sure is handsome. Looks a lot like Sean Connery.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

If da taller one is ah chip, then da udder one must be da block.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

What?  James Bond on the left, or the Joker in the middle  ???

They could both be blockheads  :D :D. 

grouch

I have a small grove of young mulberry trees that is a great relief to me. Several years ago, in a flurry to clear an area near an electric pole, I accidently cut what I feared was the last mulberry tree on the place. (WDH can attest to my rush to judgment on tree species). The berries always disappear very quickly.
Find something to do that interests you.

Thank You Sponsors!