iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Divided lite window

Started by Larry, May 07, 2007, 06:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

I had this wonderful idea to put an exhaust fan in our loft.  The fan had a sophiscated automatic opening vent.  It was expensive, never worked right, ugly, and sounded like a 747 taking off.  So I took the whole mess out and the question was how to fix the hole.  New drywall would have fixed the inside but the outside was cedar siding and I knew I could never get a match with new siding.  There was also a problem with fit on the existing window casings.  Figured the obvious answer was a stained glass window...until I was quoted a price.  Worked up this little window.  The glass lady picked out the pretty colors and fitted the glass for $20.  I learned how to cut glass mullions.  Think me and the glass lady gonna do a dressing screen for the fall craft show season.

Might add this is one of the down falls of a digital camera...no way will it capture the range of light displayed in the picture.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WDH

Larry,

That is creative and looks better than any exhaust fan could have possibly looked.  Mickey is looking good too  :D.  I am impressed (and so apparently is Mickey) ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Don P

That looks good  8). We got one of those kind of fans too, vibrates the whole house, I've backdrafted the woodstove with it, and the louver sticks  ::). Wish the location was conducive to that kind of fix.

Have you got any mullion you can take a profile shot of?
I've wondered about bentwood mulls, easier to dream  :D.

Norm

Nice job Larry.  :)

Now don't let WDH give you a hard time about the bedspread, I'm a collector myself. ;D

He sits above the toilet in the guest bathroom, looks like we could both use some straightening up. :D

Larry

Don, just looked...all the scrap hit the burn barrel.  I have a couple of rail/style sets for the shaper but the profiles seemed a little clunky for a window.  Used a 3/8" inch radius round over bit in the router table for the profile.  Made the glass cut with a fly cutter in the router table.  Couple of feather boards kept the mullions square on the router table.  Cut the cope on the bandsaw.  Took a little practice cutting cope before I got accurate with any speed.

Norm, I'm sleeping in the loft with Mickey, Donald, and Daffy (my favorites) while I spruce up the first floor.  WDH is just jealous. :D :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!