iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's Easier to Ask for Forgiveness than Permission

Started by Corley5, May 05, 2007, 09:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

She really does like it  ;D  She told me what they were selling for on Ebay before she asked me what I paid for it  8)  Glad I was on the low end of her figures  :) :)  It's a high hour machine but only has 1,100 hours on a new 4 cyl. Kubota crate motor.  It has new paint and decals, not the absolute best paint job but better than a lot.  It also has four new tires and rims.  The bucket isn't the greatest but will do the job for a while.  All the guages and lights work and it has the quick attach system.  The bucket cylinder leaks a bit and there's one drip underneath but nothing bad.  It lifts a full bucket of dirt without any complaints.  It tracks good and steers good with no whines or other funny noises.  I think I did OK and so does Dee  ;D ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Burlkraft

Good score Greg..... 8) ;D

That looks like a pretty clean machine....

After seein' how handy Stumpy's was a round the mill....I been thinkin'.....That Santa might have ta bring one..... :-\ :-\ :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Corley5

Watching stumpy wheel around in those tight spaces pretty well sold me too  8) 8).

badpenny

In a month or two you will wonder how you ever got along without one. Best thing since pockets on shirts , in my opinion. Ya done good
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

Mooseherder

(me) Hey honey, look annudder cool lady on the FF.
remember dat other nice lady named Patty who likes dozers?
(wife) So what are you saying?

(me) I'm gonna need one of doze. ;D
(wife) What dat do?

(me) Everything. ;)
(wife) You wanta lotta stuff.

(me) Yup, When's Father's Day? :D

stumpy

That's beauty Corley! I agree with badpenny.  Once you guys get one, you'll never go without one.
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

sawguy21

Yer title works for me too. Good score. Now if I just had a place to play with it. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Dave Shepard

Nice looking machine! I've been running skid loaders since I was eight. Remember, if you have all four wheels on the ground, you aren't working it hard enough. ;) ;D

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Don P

I've worked em real hard then, no tires on da ground  :-X :D

Good job Greg, you married a nice lady  ;D

Norm

I like it!

Be warned though, as soon as Dee finds out how much fun they are you'll never get it back.

DWM II

Considering the smile on your wifes face, forgiveness was not hard to get. 8) Good Haul!
Stewardship Counts!

Patty

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

rebocardo

Great toy ... um tool!

Get a heater and the enclosed cab kit and you have your new snow removal machine. Good way to make money in the off season doing sidewalks. Plus, they make an awesome two stage snowblower for that.

Don K

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

brdmkr

How about bringing it to S. GA for a day or two?
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

pasbuild

Nothing says I love you like a skid steer  ;D
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Corley5

Quote from: sawguy21 on May 05, 2007, 11:03:26 PM
Yer title works for me too.

An old construction superintendant I used to work with told me that.  It worked for him he had lots of toys.  Thus far as long it's not overused it has worked for me  ;) ;D

Quote from: Don K on May 06, 2007, 01:36:47 PM
Greg, How much will it lift? Don

I'm not sure what the capacity is but I think around 1,300-1,500 lbs.  I've got a set of manuals on the way for it.

Quote from: brdmkr on May 06, 2007, 02:21:28 PM
How about bringing it to S. GA for a day or two?

Maybe after it goes to Da UP  8)   eh eh Jeff  ???

Quote from: Norm on May 06, 2007, 07:44:00 AM
Be warned though, as soon as Dee finds out how much fun they are you'll never get it back.

I rearranged some landscape rocks around the yard with it that she'd been after me to move for a couple years.  She wasn't impressed with it's turf abilities until I backbladed the damage smooth.  She wants to learn ;D :)
Dad was in Da UP for da weekend and just got back tonight.  I'd called him from the sale and told him about the MF tractor I made somebody else pay for ;)  It was a very nice 285 with a cab, loader and only 1080 hours.  I called him later and told him I bought something else but wouldn't tell him what  ;D  He went with me tonight to deliver some hay and finally asked what I'd bought.  I could tell curiosity was getting the best of him :D :D  He said he'd looked around and didn't see anything new ;).  I had the machine at the house still.  After we got back I drove up here and he was very pleased to see what it was 8) 8)  He's already come up with a whole list of uses for it :) :) :)

Captain

Very nice, Greg, very nice.  Now the list of skid steer attachments begins....

Captain

Corley5

I worked on an old one for too many hours.  At least I didn't waste much money on it.  I thought I had it field ready and the 2nd trip around 6 acres the bottom bearing in the wobble box went to H***  ::)  So back to the sickle mower for that afternoon.  That evening I went through the Michigan Farm Trader and the Farmer's Advance looking for machines in my price range and came to the conclusion I'd probably be better off using my funds for a down payment on a new one rather than a half wore out one.  I explained my reasoning to Dee and she wasn't against the idea of a new one  ;) ;D  No permission granted but none asked but best of all no denial  ;)  I didn't sleep much that night thinking about the whole thing.  I was at the dealership when they opened the next morning and was still 2nd in line  ::)  After some figuring on the financing and wrangling on trade ins a deal was reached that suited us both.  I didn't tell him that one machine had been given to me or better yet that the other one I'd paid 200 bucks for at their own inventory reduction auction.  I got 1,500 for them on the trade  8) 8) 8) 8)  8) 8) 8)  I left their yard with this in tow less than an hour and a half after I got there.

It's a 488 New Holland which has been in their line for years.  Tried and true  8) 8) 

That evening after mowing 30 acres with it I was laying in bed reading up on the finer points in the owner's manual and watching The Weather Channel when Dee came in and asked me if I'd thought anymore about a Haybine  ;)  I showed her the manual and she said it was good that I gotten some lit on them.  I had to point out the part on the cover that said "Owner's Manual"  Then she got it  ;) ;D  You bought one already ?  Yup and I've used it a good bit too was my reply  :)  Then I explained the finer parts of the deal and she agreed it was the correct decision  :) :)  Forgiveness achieved  ;) ;D :)      

pigman

Nice machine. 8)   By the way, what do you think it is, your birthday or something? ;)

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Corley5

Quote from: pigman on June 19, 2007, 10:56:06 PM
Nice machine. 8)   By the way, what do you think it is, your birthday or something? ;)

Bob

As a matter of fact  ;D ;D :) :)

Faron

Nice machine! Glad things worked out with your boss, too. :D  Sometimes you just have to admit that an old machine is ready for retirement.                                        It looks like hay is going to be pretty valuable in this area this year.  Lots of guys are scrambling to find more already.  I know of at least one already having to feed hay. :o                                                                                    

We have some left over from last year's crop. ;D  That is part of a 60 acre field of rye hay.  We ought to be in good shape with what we baled this year. 

Do you feed your hay, or sell it, Corley?
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Norm

NH makes great conditioners you'll be very pleased with it. Bet you'll be amazed at how much faster you can do a field.  :)

Hay prices have gone through the roof around here. We took a small field and turned it into alfalfa this year. The cover crop is oats but the alfalfa is not far below it.

Thank You Sponsors!