iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sliding vinyl windows

Started by Shawn, May 03, 2007, 12:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

I'm looking opinions from anyone on Sliding vinyl windows with a swing in option. Like a double tilt in only turned 90 degrees. Now I'm not looking a double hung turned 90 degrees, these are actually sliders that swing in. Salesman says that over time, because it pivots on one side(outer edge), the window will sag in its normal track on the inner edge? Anyone have this problem or seen this?

Shawn...

BTW, this all stems from us ordering swing-in sliders and them installing regular sliders. Salesman said he can't order those, I asked why did you sell the that option then. Delimma? Order the windows I want from someone else or get a price reduction on these!
Change is part of the design process.

Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations

woody1

I've sold tons of them. Our 1100 series comes standard with the tilt and slide hardware. I have had no problems with them. The regular slider, you have to be carefull when tilting to clean because of the wieght canting out. If the guy made a mistake it's one thing, but if he bait and switched you, that's a different story. Just to give you an idea of what I sell them for..an 1100 fully welded window, slider, with tilt and slide hardware 83-93 u.i [ w+h ] would be $183.95. You should be able to tell if he ripped you or not by that. Need any other info. let me know.
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

woody1

I checked this morning on your windows. Check with your salesman and see if you can get a replacement tilt and lock shoe for your windows. Our window company now makes a shoe for the sliders that locks and is heavy duty.
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

Thank You Sponsors!