iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Something out of this world

Started by EZ, March 15, 2003, 04:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

My daughter & son-inlaw was here last nite, they were going to buy a new used truck. They got their income tax check & went up to car dealer, they never had a loan before so they knew their credit was going to be none. When the dealer punch in to check his credit, it came up bad. To make a long storier short, his mom & his oldest brother got loans in their name but his S.S. number. The cars were repolled & now he has bad credit. The dealer said they could get a loan but the interest rate wood be 24%. Talk about a screw up mess, I told him if I was in his shoes, somebody wood be going to jail, & it wood'nt be me.
EZ

RavioliKid

OOOOHHHHHH! That is low!  >:(

I think I would be tempted to pursue legal action - at least to clear up the credit record, if not to punish those creapy family members!
RavioliKid

WV_hillbilly

They should contact the credit bureau the info came from and regest a credit report. After they get the credit report they could refute the bad info and get his credit info cleared up. It will take some time to resolve this but it will be worth the effort.  I used to have a similar problem with credit reports cause , who ever entered the info wasn't paying attention. Everytime  my newly wed wife and I applied for credit we were turned down for other peoples info on my report. It was such a pain I suscribed to a credit report notification system. If there is any negative info put in my file I'm imediatly notified and if there are any credit checks run on me I 'm also notified. It cost $50 bucks a year but is worth it.
Hillbilly

Ron Scott

The Fair Credit Reporting Act of 1971 gives consumers the right to challenge the accuracy, validity and verifiability of their credit reports-the files compiled by credit bureaus-free of charge. It requires credit bureaus to investigate disputed items and correct or remove inaccurate or unverifiable information.

Also check with the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov/bcp/menu-credit.htm or call 877-382-4357. (Reference:March 2003 issue of the AARP Bulletin page 26)
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!