Nate

I know less than I used to.

sawguy21

What are you waiting for ??? ;)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

PineNut

brdmkr

Make sure to use a travel mug :D
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

solodan

While you're at it, add an inverter off the battery and build a little shelf to put the coffee maker and grinder on.  8)

rewimmer

I have a friend that hauled a recliner chair to my sawmill and expected me to let him put it under the saw mill shed.   :D
I told him to recline at home where he could stay in his wifes way.
Another buddy wants a coffee maker at the mill. "That may be OK".
Robert in Virginia

Nate Surveyor

I'm shopping for the perfect coffee mug holder. I suspect that a marine one, with a gimball would do it just right. It is a Peterson. I'm quite proud of my mill, and I want it to look good!:)

N

Ernie

With a swing mill, gimballed holder is the only way to go.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

solidwoods

I wish mine would have come with a second coat of paint underneath the first :D
jim
Ret. US Army
Kasco II B Band mill
Woodworking since 83
I mill & kiln dry lumber, build custom furniture, artworks, flooring, etc.
If you mill, you'll be interested in some of my work in one way or another.
We ship from our showroom.
N. Central TN.

Nate Surveyor

Whelll, it is not a very good rendition, but I also found some swingmill music to go with the mill!
:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn7GY3Yx9to

Nate

Jeff Meyer

Hey, I put a holder on mine and its great.  Best investment.   

OneWithWood

Hmmmm. . .

Must be fairly boring operating a swinger  smiley_headscratch

I am usually so keyed when sawing that coffee would bring me down  ;D

mebbe I just need to saw more  ;)

I have been looking for just the right quart size bottle holder to hold my water bottle.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Burlkraft

So....Where would a guy put his cup holder on a Peterson.... ??? ??? ???

On the carriage with the head....or on a side support so ya can sip when yer done with a cut... ??? ??? ???

I do have ta say tho....My Peterson performed flawlessly all day Saturday. The only thing I wish is that I had a 8' slabber... ;D ;D ;D

I'm sure Chris would say that I would just find a 10' log to saw with it..... :D :D

I do think we got better gas mileage with the slabber than the blade tho..... ;) ;) ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Tom

My philosophy is that a coffee cup holder placed where you have to go to it, is defeating the idea of having one.  One should not be outside of arm's length. :P :)

Fla._Deadheader

Shoot fire, just mount it anywhere, then, run a piece of tubing from it to yer tater trap.  8) :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Robert Long

Up here, we Canadians have Tim Horton's for coffee and donuts, they make a great insulated mug for wood mill ops.  When it goes empty, just take it into them and refill it! :D :D

Robert

Jeff Meyer

I put the cup holder on the push bar.  Cabelas has them and they are made for boats.  Sure nice. 

Dan_Shade

you guys get much extra fiber on days that you're sawing?

I've sure drank a few "thickened" drinks while sawing :D
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Nate Surveyor

I think I have found the cup holder of choice. It will work on many pieces of machinery.

It is made by a company called RAM MOUNTS.

http://65.102.174.116/rammount/productdetail.aspx?partnumber=RAM-B-132RU&searchTerm=cup%20holder&item=2

I hope my link works, and that placing it here does not offend anybody.

I hope that peterson starts making their own special cup holders. It just seems like a cool thing to do!

Nate

GF

When I built my mill I had a cup holder in mind and received a permanently attached one, it even has a pin stripe around it to make it easy to see when I am working.   ;)

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Nate Surveyor

Cup holder Update:

I called the RAM MOUNTS company, and made sure that it is a 2 way gimball. Yes it is, then I ordered one from this site:

http://www.custommounts.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=cup+holder&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

It cost 38 bucks with shipping. I have the same little ball mounted on my 4-wheeler. So, I can use it anywhere.  It will serve in many places.

Nate

Thank You Sponsors!