iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Rockers for old rockers

Started by Patty, April 20, 2007, 06:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

My brother made us some rockers for when our grandchild is born. Pretty cool,  eh eh

Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Sprucegum

8)  8) I could use a good sit-down myself, 2 grandchildren here for a week

E.B.

They look great . I'd love to have one of them right now :) after the 12 hour day I just put in cutting tree's. Someday I hope to have time to make beautiful furniture like that.

EB
A day without a Smile is a wasted day

pigman

Those rockers look great. 8) I have never tried to build a rocker, but when I do I will do one similar to that style.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

saddletramp

Patty tell your brother "good job" they look very nice. You will love the grandkids. Have lots of fun with mine, playing ball with him helps keep me young.
Horses dont git broke.Cowboys do.

metalspinner

Very cool! 8)

I am just putting the finishing touches on a rocker for a Mother's day gift.  I just hope the kids can hold the secret a few more weeks. :)

Your's look great.  I love the leather seats.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Larry

When I was a mere pup working for the phone company I noticed the "Chief Operator" who might be responsible for 20 or more operators always worked out of a similar rocking chair.  All the while she would be rocking away while planing her next move.  When the phone company decided no more wood furniture due to fire hazards, I carted off the "Chief Operators" rocking chairs to the dumpster.  As the dumpster was full I brought one rocker home...and sit in it at present time...planing my next move. :)

I like your rockers Patty and your brother does quite good work....a solid rocker is hard to make. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Burlkraft

Those rockers are awesome.... ;) ;) ;)  I wish I had a brother that could do sumpthin' besides cause me grief.... >:( >:(

I wonder if Norm is thinkin' of puttin' that table between 'em.... ???  ???  :D    :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

metalspinner

Here's the one I just finished.  It was supposed to be a Mother's Day gift for my wife, but my youngest son just couldn't contain the secret any longer.  He helped me all afternoon with the seat weaving and was very excited when she got home. :)

pigman

Nice rocker. 8) 8)  Is it a Shaker reproduction. It  looks like a No. 6 rocker from Mt .Lebanon.

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Gilman

Boy, I always new I needed a brother.  I'm going to go call my mom and see what she thinks.

They look great!
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

metalspinner

Pigman,
It's close to a reproduction. :D  The plans are from Shaker Style Wood Projects by Robert Sonday.  He does not mention the origin of the rocker.  The rockers on this plan are laminated.  I don't recall seeing a Shaker rocker with a laminated rocker.  The next one I make I will steam bend the back post a bit.  This one sits straight up!

WDH

Patty and Metalspinner,

Those rockers are fine ;D.  I wish I could build one ???.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Norm

metalspinner

QuoteI wish I could build one .

WDH,
You can do it.  I wished the same thing for eight years until I finally worked the nerve up to do it. Don't wait that long!  It wasn't as difficult as I made it up to be.  Most of the time is spent making jigs anyway.

Norm,
Thanks. :)

Patty

MS, your rocker is beautiful. I bet your wife was thrilled that you and your son took the time and work to build such a family keepsake.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Dodgy Loner

One of my next projects will be a rocker, and I'll be lucky if they come out half as nice as those!  :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WDH

Dodgy Loner,

Then you can show me how to do it ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!