iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hosting Danny's (WDH) Short Visit

Started by tcsmpsi, April 18, 2007, 10:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcsmpsi

When WDH called from his motel yesterday morning and asked if it was alright if he came by, I had already figured by our previous conversations, that he was pretty well behaved (for a human), wasn't going to dump in the floor or similar, and had made arrangements so that I would have some time for his visit.

My first clue was that he was prompt, and could follow directions well.  Other good attributes for a human. 

If he experienced any culture shock from the coffee, he was disciplined enough not to show it.  Another plus.   

After yakking a bit about this, that and another for a spell, I asked if he would like to go out to take a look at the mill setup.   The quickness of his response was not in the least hindered by his assurance of only if it didn't interfere with my day, and to that affect, corroborated my strong suspicion that the place would find him acceptable.  For a human.

Turning around and going back to get his camera from his vehicle, I made the decision that he could be the designated picture-taker.   
So, the burden is upon Danny to furnish any photos of the visit. 

Just as I suspected, fortuitously, tree-whispering became just a matter of opportunity.

I intentionally kept us on the west side of the draw, because some of those rascals on the east side, back in the back, can become quite talkative, and I knew that WDH had an appointment he had to make. 

We came back to the shop, discovered a few tools, a little wood and a few other odds and ends.

Was a good visit. 

We have decided (the trees and I), that you are welcome back any time, WDH.   ;)
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

DanG

Yep, WDH is a good visit!  He likes trees and sawmills and old barns and dogs, and is reasonably well behaved.  Me and you got away with givin' him a cuppa coffee, but TR and Radar done went and fed him.  I'm concerned that this might have set a dangerous precedent. :o
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Radar67

I'm sure you've been in more dangerous situations afore DanG.  ;) :D :D :D He don't eat much.

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

tcsmpsi

Quote from: DanG on April 18, 2007, 11:30:54 AM
Yep, WDH is a good visit!  He likes trees and sawmills and old barns and dogs, and is reasonably well behaved.  Me and you got away with givin' him a cuppa coffee, but TR and Radar done went and fed him.  I'm concerned that this might have set a dangerous precedent. :o

Well, if the coffee is good enough, eating ain't necessary.   :D

Besides, I could tell right off, he's all growed up.  If'n he was haungry, alls he had to do was say something.    But, if I go to the trouble to feed him, he had better don't 'not eat very much'.  I'd 'spect him to take full advantage of it, and would be sorely disappointed if he didn't. 

Ya hear that, Danny boy?   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

WDH

I had the plesure of meeting Tcsmpsi this week.  He gave me a tour of his place.  That man is one hard worker.  His sawmill set-up is sweet.

I am impressed by his layout.  Love the shed and the wood deck floor.  A fella can really saw some lumber here.

He has a whack of lumber too........

Tcsmpsi has many species of trees on his place, and I found the creek at the back to be a very nice place to look at trees and enjoy the woods.......

He fooled me with his collection of exotic hardwood that I was embarrased (and I call myself a wood ID man.........hmmmmmm...got more work to do).  Maybe he will post some pics for us 8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

simon

Looks like a nice setup.  Definatly a cleaner/more organized work environment than my site.

brooksmill

Very Nice.  What size shed did he build?  I have a LT40HD25 and am going to build a shed also but have not decided the size.  I also see he put some kind of clear material on the roof in places.  What is it and how does it match up with the tin.

tcsmpsi

We (the place and I) enjoyed having you meander about, WDH.   One thing though, when you come back, you need to be just a little more sensitive about how you mention pulling the yaupon's family up with the tractor.  There was a bit of tension gathering about while you were talking about it.  It's ok.  I went back that evening and smoothed it out.   ;)   

The shed is basically 20' X 40'.  The light panels are corrugated PVC, designed to match the corrugated iron (tin). 

I will try to work on the exotic hardwood pics, WDH.  Just in case you haven't run into the thread on the general board yet, you are welcome back anytime. 

Simon and brooksmill, there are more pics of the shed in varying stages in my photo gallery.

WDH

It is marked down in the book ;D.

Sorry to have stressed the yaupon.  I just wasn't thinking.  Did not mean to be so insensitive :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WDH

I missed Tcsmpsi's thread on the visit posted in the general board, and inadvertantly created another one.

Mr. Admin(s), can they be combined into one?

tcsmpsi

Quote from: WDH on April 19, 2007, 12:49:14 PM
It is marked down in the book ;D.

Sorry to have stressed the yaupon.  I just wasn't thinking.  Did not mean to be so insensitive :D.

I explained that it was nothing intentional or personal, and reminded them how respectful and thoughtful you were otherwise.  The yaupon family is generally not overly sensitive, as they certainly have their share of...insensitivity.  But, those out there might be just a tad bit more independent than some.   

:D

WDH

Tell them I will make it up to them next time.

(Now y'all can see why Tcsmpsi and I got along well.  We both talk to trees too much :)).

Thank You Sponsors!