iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Computer Television

Started by TexasTimbers, April 19, 2007, 12:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

Anyone know anything about PCTV4ME ? I did a Google and it seems real but i have been suckered before. thought I would check and see if anyone had tried it.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Bill

Not your answer but could be interesting none the less -

Saw an article that said in about 12-18 months broadcasters will turn off analog TV signals and switch to digital broadcasting. First I'd heard of this so it surprised me ( and I'd certainly like to hear from someone who's on top of this to hear what is real ). Seems the FCC will relicense all the freed up bandwidth to other uses. What is means to many of us still with rabbit eyes is that our sets won't work without new digital converter boxes - which cable companies will use with their customers till they all switch to digital. Supposedly all new TV sets - starting around now I believe - will have circuitry to handle digital signals.

Don't mean to pirate your thread but iffen you're planning on signing a contract you may want to know what they're going to do for the new digital stuff - if it even applies to computer TV . . .

Furby

Yup, the analog goes bye bye in 2008.
That's why those TV sets have been so cheap the last couple years.

sprucebunny

So we all HAVE to buy new TVs ???

Sounds like a sinister plot !

We have to pay to take the old one to the dump ? Who's idea was this ?  >:(

WHY?
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

PineNut

It is suppose to provide high definition TV as well as more of the standard definition TV channels.  But I believe that the largest backing comes from RIAA and other organizations that want to control what you can receive and what you can do with it after you do receive it. In other words, they want to get their hands in your wallet. 

SwampDonkey

I might be wrong, but I don't think we'll loose our analog for awhile yet. At least not where I live. Also, anyone on a Sat receiver has an digital to analog receiver already. Might be an end the C-Band users, which as been in the works for the last 8 years anyway. You can get a converter box for your regular TV non-the-less.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

submarinesailor

If I understand it correctly; the change is to free up some space on the RF spectrum.  Supposable, DHS and the military are asking the FCC for these frequencies – 900 MZ, I think.

Bruce

Norm

Because the digital signal uses less bandwidth they are going to auction off what they recover with some being reserved for emergency services use. They are also giving coupons to help pay for converter boxes for folks with the analog tuners in their set.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/digitaltv.html

GF

I have also heard they are trying to free up the frequency band that analog TV uses to use it for WIFI Internet, not sure how true rumor is.

pie

I believe the digital signal will allow you to pull in more channels in your area...TV stations 70 miles away you could not pull in with an analog signal will now be able to be pulled in...or so says a friend with a converter box...

Thank You Sponsors!