iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No more Jockey Grinder headaches !!

Started by Peach, April 19, 2007, 06:20:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peach

8) Yahooooooooooo , someone finally invented new replacement parts for the Jockey Grinder !  8) They were field tested for nearly two years  and took three years to perfect !  Bare in mind that the Jockey Grinder is a hand-held sharpener and takes a little time to master , but once it is , these new parts sure do make it eisier . You simply remove the old tooth stop and tooth rest and install the E/Z Slide system !  Over 60 E/Z Slide system's are currently being used and not one complaint , not one !!!!!!!!!!! 8) This new product only work's on 'F' and 2 1/2 style head saws .   The 'B' style can only use the tooth rest portion of the system however .   The main reason for this person to invent this was the obvious , the tooth rest starts to wear out in about a week and the tooth stop starts in about 2-3 weeks !!!! >:(   All those people who have a Jockey knows exactly what I'm talking about . Most people replace the tooth stop 30-40 times a year , and the tooth rest about 10-12 times a year [this is what should be done to keep it working properly anyway]   Now , my name is Peach from Menominee Saw and Supply and I am one of those here at our company who has listened to the hundreds of complaints about these wear part's  over the years !  Not no more !    You know a good guy or gal sharpening the saw should REALY take 5-6 minutes , not 10-15 because the darn thing keeps hanging-up or catching , let't see , at 1 - 1 1/2 log's a min. when the saw isn't in the wood --------- hmmmmmmmm, you do the math ! ' Peach'

beenthere

Peach
Do those parts show up on your website....... ???
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Thats good news Peach!  AND HEY!! WHERE THE HECK HAVE YA BEEN?? ;)

Yep, used a jockey grinder for 25 years and know exactly what you are talking about. Got pictures we can post?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Skytramp

I solved ninty percent of my Jocky problems by reworking some parts to fit a Dewalt Drill.
SKY
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Ron Wenrich

I solved my Jockey problem years ago.  I went back to hand filing.   :D

One of the reasons I put the Jockey aside was the wearing out of parts.  I might have to get it out and take a relook at it.  Since I'm using B pattern saws, does that mean I should only buy the tooth rest and not use a tooth stop? 

The last time I used the Jockey, I was running F pattern saws.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Corley5

I've got style "3" saws.  Is their any help for me ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Frickman

I never could figure out  how to grind accurately with a Jockey. I'm currently using a grinder built by McCormick and Sons in Bethesda, Ohio. You have a screw you use to clamp the base onto the saw and then swing the grinder into the tooth. It works very, very good.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Jeff

I talked to Peach a bit on da phone this morning trying to get him to come swamp redwood lumber this Saturday, but he's got prior commitments. He don't know what hes missing

I know we aint got a lot of circle saw guys on the forum (YET) and guys with Jockeys, but I wanted ya'll to know that Peach isnt trying to make sales here, he is shouting his joy and excitement at a product that was a long time coming and wants everyone to know about it.  I fought with one of those Jockey grinders for over 25 years, and I know exactly where he's coming from. That old tooth stop and wear system on that thing made even a sawmillers language sound blue. :D   I can't imagine the time I spent in all those years and the real costs from not having the improvements available to guys now with this new improvement.  I'll try to get some photos from John and Peach and post them.  :)

Buddyw

Jeff , I happen to come across this old topic on Jockey grinders. Did you ever get any pictures of the new parts that Peach was talking about ? I have gotten my hands on a used jockey grinder and already know I need a new stone , I may as well go ahead and replace all worn parts when I order the stone. I would also like to get a replacement parts and operators manuals for it too ,  if they are available.

Jeff

I have zero recall on this. I'm getting old. Give Peach or anyone a call at Menominee Saw. They'll fix ya up.  :)

bandmiller2

DanG,wish I could afford even a worn out jockey,just keep filing I guess. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!