iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Flipping side bar!!!

Started by biziedizie, March 12, 2003, 01:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biziedizie

Hey how come the sidebar has a weather box that displays the time and weather but it won't allow us in Canada to use it?
   Like I know I can stick my head out the door and know that it's cold and I can look at the clock and see that it's 2 am but it sure would be nice to see what's going on just by looking at the sidebar! :)

Steve

ADfields

Steve did you click on the Customize your info and put in your zip?   If it wont take your Canada zip you could put in Bellingham Washington zip as I dont think thats very far from you, it's shure closer than Michigan is. ;)   98225 is Bellingham or 98230 is Blaine Washington and that should be less than 10 miles it looks like on my map.   Good luck! :)
Andy

biziedizie

Thanks Andy! That worked just fine and my sidebar tells me that it's cold outside so I will stay inside for awhile!

Steve

RavioliKid

Steve-

I like your thinking!  :D

RavioliKid

Texas Ranger

I leave the side bar on Michigan.  I like to look at it, grin, then go outside in my shorts with a cold beer, and cook on the grill. ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

biziedizie

Hey Don has beer! Let's all go to Don's place and drink a few!

Steve

Texas Ranger

Y'all come, hyear?  I'll even cook 8) some old dead pig for them what don't know what good bar b que is about.

Tillaway

I do the same thing as Don, I like to see how cold it is in Michigan.

I'll be right over, pig and beer mmmm.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

ADfields

Y'all don't have your own weather so ya got to import it from Michigan or die from boredom. :D   Y'all gonna be crying down there come July and August. :D :D

biziedizie, your welcome.   Did the Canada zip work or did you go with the Washington one.
Andy

biziedizie

Did the Washington one Andy as it seems a bit warmer! :D Couldn't get the Canadian one to work but maybe Paul can put his two cents in here as we live in the same province.

Steve

Paul_H

Yep,it's way warmer here than in Michigan 8)

I left mine on Michigans for the same reason Don does ;)

Steve, did you get snow the other day?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

biziedizie

We got a few cm of snow and they made it sound real bad on the news but it was gone shortly after it came. Saw a few cars in the ditch and couldn't understand how that happened but I guess some people don't know how to drive! Wow we had one day of snow and that was our winter! I guess that next year there will be 10 feet of it.

Steve

Paul_H

My Dad called up here the other day because they had 8" of snow fall on them down in Squamish.He figured we must have really got hammered up our way,but there was less than an inch in our yard.

I hope it doesn't come back till December.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jason_WI

It will be 50 F by Saturday in NE WI. To me that is t shirt weather. ;D

Last week saturday it was 5 F for a daytime high with winds at 20 MPH. :o

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

ADfields

I just came in from taking the trash out and we have 40 to 90 mile an hour wind >:( AND it's 4 below out there. >:( >:( >:(   I don't know what the heck the chill factor on that is but it ain't worm!!   It's one heck of a sand storm with no snow on the ground and I was in it for a bit chaining the can to the fence so it would stay till the guy comes in the morning.   I hope that fence post will hold it, it's just a 6x6 4 foot in the ground. ::)
Andy

Ianab

I like that side bar.. it allways has some amazing cold temp, like -12C,  and here it's almost midnight and I've got the windows open and sleeves rolled up.  :D Guess that might change in a few months time..... ::)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

biziedizie

We have a wonderful wind storm that's been going all night with some pretty big gusts. Gonna go look to see if any trees fell down.

Steve

Don P

I left it too, looks pretty cool up there now. I just came in for lunch and it says 27* in Harrison...I'm at 68 here, clearing up the sides of the driveway and working on the hill alongside. Planning on throwing some deceased bovine on the inferno tonight if the rain holds off. The beeches are pretty much toast where I've been working. Might go to pine but would prefer a hardwood.Daffs are just showing color today 8).

Jeff

If I knew that many of you guys left the thermometer set for my house and kept an eye on it, i would have faked it one night with something like 140o below. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

J Beyer

Go for it Jeff B.  After all, April 1 is coming up.  Would be funny to have the weather info screwed up for a week. ;)

JB
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

ADfields

Well the wind did a number hear and is STILL blowing 30 and gusting 50 mph, thats calm after what we have had.   We were without power for 38 hours at the house.   School was closed twursday and fryday and could be next week also, 3 of the 16 schools hear lost the roofs and 57 buses had rocks blown into the windows and broke them and some rolled over in the yard wensday night.   We lost the roof off the shed and the green house, 12 good big trees, lots of small trees and I'm glad we had the trees to slow it down hear.   It was clocked at 109mph in Anchorage and 126mph at the Palmer air port just 3 miles from my house. :o :o   At the Walmart hear 6 cars were blown over and to the other side of the parking lot and very fuew trucks were still on the wheels by fryday.   A man walking into a office in Wisilla had his head removed by a hunk of tin off a roof!   I put a bunch of hours on my welder powering the house all that time.

I have NEVER sean the likes of this and hope to he** I have sean the last of it!! :(
Andy

Texas Ranger

Lemme see, where to start.  Dogwood and Azaleas are blooming, grass looks like an Irish Spring commercial, birds are chirping, tree frogs singing, peepers peeping, early flowers showing.

Life is great in Texas 8)

Jeff

Let me add to Don's post.

... and its nice enough now that I can get out the compressor and blow out the air conditioner so it works since its probably plugged from the last sand storm. Gotta have that because we will be stuck inside all summer so we don't stroke out from the heat...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Well the good old Florida Sun has come out and is drying off the puddles from the last rain storm.  The Pear trees are in full bloom.  The Huckleberry's are in full bloom.  There are sheets of Yellow Jasmine and wild azaleas everywhere you look.  The air is filled with the perfume of flowering plants and my truck has a layer of pine pollen on it that will have to be delt with later.

The squirrels are chasing each other in the woods, the birds are "fighting" under the feeder and the girls have started  hanging around where the boys are working on there old cars.

The lines at the movie house are getting longer and the lines at the boxing arena are getting shorter.

I fear the proliferation of Boom Boxes in the trunks of cars.  It must be some kind of modern mating call.

ADfields

Well it's now spring hear. ::)   Today was as nice a day as I could ever want to have.   It was 50 out, full sun, blue sky and no wind at all.   I spent the day fixing what the wind riped up but it was a GREAT day to be alive today.   It feels so good to be out in the worm spring sun just after winter and you know great weather is afoot for the next 6 months! 8) 8)   Even if it's to repair the storm damage you got!  

Don I know in about 60 days if you drop a pair of pliers in the sun you will need to hose it down so you can touch it and not get branded AND you will need to let the hose run for 5 minuets to get the water cool enough to not scald you before it will cool off your pliers for you.   When you hop in your truck after lunch you wont be able to hold the wheel so you play the hot potato game for 5 miles, then you will rest your arm on the arm rest and peal all the hide off the under side.    Have fun! ;)   I spent all my life thinking winter is bad, cold is bad but I will take cold over hot all year long!! ;D
Andy

Thank You Sponsors!