iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

one of those jobs I can refuse

Started by rebocardo, April 17, 2007, 09:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebocardo

"I noticed your web site  is not up. I can design you a web site for the tree removal, or work out some other arrangement.

I will trade website design, domain registration, and 1 years hosting "

I really wasn't going to open the 4 MB e-mail someone sent me, but,  then I see his post on CL

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/bar/312769142.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/bar/312633162.html

Here is the greatly reduced version of one of the pictures:

Which misses some of the finer details like the hole in the roof and the 8" oak ? branches extending over the front of the neighbor's house his tree fell into.

You would think "a web site designer" wouldn't send someone pictures unannounced in e-mail that are true color 1600x1600 and 1 MB a piece.

> work out some other arrangement.

$4,000 cash?

Yea, I can turn down this job for a year's worth of hosting  ::)  Now to decline in a polite manner without using the word crazy or insane offer :D

metalspinner

I would think home owners insurance would have stepped in on this one.  I went round and round with my agent one afternoon with different scenerio's about trees.  He finally said that if it was emminent danger of the tree falling on the house, they would step in. ::)
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

rebocardo

Yea, that is what I just sent him pretty much
-------------------------------------------------
Hi,

No thank you, that is a $4000-$6000 removal just for the neighbor's side.

I would suggest having your insurance company or your neighbor's insurance handle it and get someone bonded and insured to remove it with heavy equipment, that works for the insurance company since the tree could easily cause $10,000s worth of damage and the liability factor is so high.

Plus, if you live in Atlanta proper you need a permit to remove it and the city arborist's permission even though common sense says it has to come down. I would suggest removing the other 1/2 on your property too.

On the bright side, at least noone has died from it falling over, yet. Hire a pro that is coming in with a crane and keep it that way and make sure noone is stupid enough to stay in the house during removal .

Yours,
JB
(-:

Brad_S.

I'm surprised he didn't include the line that everyone thinks will seal the deal, "Plus, you get to keep all the wood!". ::)
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

onionman

I've seen that add coming back from time to time...wonder why?
He didn't have the photo's up at first..guess he thought it would make it look easy.

Daren

Quote from: onionman on April 17, 2007, 11:45:53 PM

He didn't have the photo's up at first..guess he thought it would make it look easy.

:D :D

Quote from: rebocardo on April 17, 2007, 09:13:47 AM

I will trade website design, domain registration, and 1 years hosting "

This place here offers registration and one year of hosting for $25, and the free design tools are easy to use yourself a novice can do it. http://www.doteasy.com/ . Tell him to do $6000 worth of design/hosting and stick the money in a coffee can and call you when the can is full.  ::)

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Thank You Sponsors!