iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanks from Hokiemill

Started by Hokiemill, April 16, 2007, 04:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hokiemill

Hey Jeff, thanks for the memorial in the upper right corner.  I've been watching the news develop all day and it hurts my heart.  I live and work about an hour and 45 minutes from Tech, so it really is a "local" story for us.  There are many, many alumni here at work (I'm one of them) and people with children attending Tech.  One of my best friends is a professor up there.  I emailed him after the first shooting this morning and he was in lock-down in his class, but he was safe as were his students.  I haven't heard of any acquaintances losing a child and I hope the news doesn't come.

I'm heading up there in two weeks to attend the solar kiln class and a wedding.  I'm sure the pain and sadness will be palpable.  Unbelievable how much damage one person can cause.

For a view of the good times up at Tech, take a look at my Tech tailgating blog about the bus I created (www.thehokiehoopty.com).  Those light-hearted times seem a distant memory at this point.

submarinesailor

Jeff,

I would like to echo the "Thank You" from Hokiemill.  My wife and 2 of my daughters attended Tech.

Bruce

Fla._Deadheader

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Burlkraft

My heart goes out to all who suffered a loss there today..... :'( :'( :'(
Why not just 1 pain free day?

rewimmer

I live about 20 minutes from Virginia Tech. We have many friends there and we use their veterinarian service. The doctors and students are very devoted and really treat our horses super. Dr. Bond furnished me plans for a solar kiln and was very helpful in answering my questions. A lot of our neighbors and friends are employed there.
We in our little community are offering our prayers and help.
Thank all of you for your prayers and thoughts from a devastated sawyer.
Robert in Virginia

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!