iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer 25th Anniversary Tour - Who's going where?

Started by DR_Buck, December 20, 2006, 01:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmerdoug

Only six members are going to Indy? :(

I was sure we were going to be a bigger gang.  I wonder if Furby and Jeff B are still planning on coming.  ??? Maybe we should start a new thread but it should just stay in this thread for continuity.  Maybe they are all lost on their atvs in their minds already. ;) :DSure wish I could have the time to go with them too. ::)

Hope to see a bigger list soon.  We also need to stakeout a meeting point too.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Bibbyman

Congratulation to Aaron Miller of Missouri for winning the grand prize at the Wood-Mizer 25'th Anniversary party in Indy.  smiley_clapping

Here is a link to the Wood-Mizer web site with pictures and story of Aaron winning the LT40 mill.

Aaron Miller wins Wood-Mizer Sawmill

You can follow links on this page to more photos taken on the Finale tour event.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DR_Buck

Just got my Wood-Mizer 25th tour CD in the mail today.  While I was watching it, it dawned on me that I didn't remember seeing the large wood carved 25th anniversary in Indianapolis.    Did I just not look n the right place?   ???
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Bibbyman

I don't remember seeing it either.  Nor does Mary. Maybe they dropped it and broke it?
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

Quote from: DR_Buck on October 19, 2007, 07:33:06 PM
Just got my Wood-Mizer 25th tour CD in the mail today.  While I was watching it, it dawned on me that I didn't remember seeing the large wood carved 25th anniversary in Indianapolis.    Did I just not look n the right place?   ???

How did you come by the CD?  Was it something you ordered or did they just send it?
Sawing since '94

DR_Buck

QuoteHow did you come by the CD?  Was it something you ordered or did they just send it?

It was offered as an item at the traveling shows to be sent after the final show.  The package also included videos of all six of the seminars presented at the shows.    8)       I ordered mine in May at the Shade Gap PA show.   I did see them on the table for sale at Indy, but since I already ordered I just waited.   I am a little disappointed that they produced the tour DVD before the Indy event.   :(     I wish it had been on there as well.

I still haven't watched the seminar series DVDs.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Bibbyman

I was talking with Chad Sanders of WM after the show on Saturday evening.  He was the one going around with the cameras taking pictures. I asked him if the evening's show was going to be available on DVD.  He didn't know but thought they had some kind of plans for it.  I'd sure like to have a copy of the finial tour and evening entertainment. I'd like to show my folks and a few others.
Sawing since '94

Corley5

It's his to do with as he wants but it's too bad that it didn't go to someone that needed/wanted and would have used it 
:(  :(http://cgi.ebay.com/25th-anniversary-woodmizer-sawmill_W0QQitemZ110190541160QQihZ001QQcategoryZ61788QQssPageNameZWDVW 

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Tom

Don K

John Brown! #&*%$ That gripes my butt. I would have been crying too if I won that mill, but it would have been for answered prayers not thinking how much I was going to get on e-bay. >:(   $#%*&^  Hah, Wanted a mill was the statement I heard. More than likely he can't pay the taxes on it as it goes on your income if I'm not mistaken. Since he didn't pay anything for it he oughta let it go cheap :( >:(
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

ronwood

Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Bibbyman

I don't feel too upset about it.  If I'd won it I would have first tried to trade it back in to Wood-Mizer for a mill I could use.   It's too unique a mill to use.  It'll be better off going to someone who wants to store it away someplace.
Sawing since '94

Don K

Well, I would have put it to use and I would not have one little problem with them swapping me a regular LT 40 for it to keep the sawdust off it. :)  ;D
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Jeff

The Lord works in mysterious ways. That mill may very well go on to help many. The young man that won it I am sure is using the mill with the same ultimate goal that each one of us might. To create income for his family. He has also given each one of you something b placing the mill on ebay.

Opportunity.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

That sure was an awesome prize.

One good thing, the mill has wheels to move it. I'd certainly keep it because I wouldn't have to saw to pay for it. I have a woodlot and I'd putter with it there or do occasional orders for folks. Maybe even buy a few logs. This fellow may have been at the show with family for a good time and put his name in the pot. He may not even be in the woods business or sawmilling business, may not even be a farmer. There are tons of people that put their names into lottery type draws. If they win, it's theirs to do what they wish I always say.  ;)

I often thought of folks who travel across the continent and enter a game show, like The Price is Right. If they win an Armoire, a big screen TV, and pool table. Do they sell the stuff off or try to move it? Wouldn't shipping be high? You'd have to hire a moving van. Last time I did that, it cost $2800 bucks to move across the continent.  :o I rented a U-Haul van once and traveled about 15 miles on the odometer moving off the Charlottes. Had the van 3 days and got charged $450 bucks. Anyway, I'd sell the loot or take cash if there was an option.  I'm sure the plane crew won't load it with your baggage. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

RMay

I believe he runs a LT-70 . He is at Mt Verona ever year . He won a new can hook as a door prize this year. Maybe Bibby man remembers him . He was pushing his dad in a wheel chair this year,
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Thank You Sponsors!