iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

coffee consumption at bad times

Started by wmrussel, April 15, 2007, 04:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmrussel

If y'all notice, all my posts are at the wee hours of the morning.   Lesson learned for the millionth time:  Don't drink coffee after 9pm!  If you're me that is......don't know about the rest of y'all. pc_smiley
My name is William, but people call me Pete.  Long story......

Don K

Not coffee, just 12 hr night shift ::)   Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

mike_van

Just switch over to decaf hazelnut coffee - the stuff stinks & tastes so bad you won't want to drink it -  :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Dan_Shade

I'm glad you redeemed yourself with the second half of that sentence, Mike....

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

hiya

I started drinking coffee in 75 when I was in Hondoris (sp?).Eather that or warm coke
Of course their coffee taste better than this stuff up here ;D. I drink from 6-12 12oz. cups a day even in summer. Usually have one before bed. regular not that decaf stuf.
Richard
RichardinMd.

thecfarm

Just pour and I'll drink it.I can really tell good coffee from bad coffee this way.I'm not that big on coffee.I don't have a cup holder on my Husky.Most of the time at work I will get a cup,drink about half of it,something will happen,set it down,solve the problem,get my coffee cold,throw it way and it all starts over.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Fla._Deadheader

Too bad y'all have to drink that nasty stuff sold in the US of A  ::) ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

sawguy21

I have really cut down on coffee. It was a basic food group when I was on the road a lot but now one or two cups with breakfast is usually it. One day I chewed a chocolate coated bean after too many early morning coffees, I was like Daffy Duck on helium :D :D An hour later I could not keep my eyes open.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom

I started drinking coffee when my Mom put it in my bottle.  Why someone would want to adulterate a perfectly good cup of coffee with a foreign flavor is beyond me.  It seems we are always trying to make something be what it isn't. 

Give me a hot cup of Black coffee anytime. 

Florida Deadheader is right about the Costa Rican coffee.  What I have consumed is wonderful.  You have to be pretty special for me to make some for general consumption at my house.  Usually the fare here is Maxwell House.  I keep the CR stuff hidden. ;D :D

brdmkr

Up until about a year ago, I roasted my own.  Now that is good coffee.   The ground stuff is WAY past its freshness.  Whole bean keeps its freshness longer, but when you can roast yourself you never have to brew coffee that has gotten stale. 

I currently have a roaster being built that will allow me to roast up to 5 lbs at a time.  So, it won't be long before I'll be brewing up the good stuff again 8) 8) 8)

I will agree with Tom, Costa Rican coffee is pretty good.  I also like several of the African and Indonesian coffees.  I like the bean to stand up to a really dark roast. 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

IL Bull

I like mine black and before 8 AM. 8)
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Quartlow

White, Hot and Sweet. Just like the wife  :D And all day even in the summer.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Sprucegum

I have a cup about every 6 months if I need it  :o

Caffiene is like a high-power drug, mostly because I'm not used to it I guess, so if I need to keep my eyes open past bed time I'll have a cup of whatever.

Weekend_Sawyer

3 - 4 cups a day, Blond and Sweet. Like I tell the lovley miss Celest, "It's everything you used to be..." then I run.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Carries-Mom

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on April 16, 2007, 09:28:23 AM

Too bad y'all have to drink that nasty stuff sold in the US of A  ::) ;D ;D

Would have been nice, if someone wasn't running late, if some was brought to the central Florida area when grandpa visited.... bat_smailey :D :D :D

Fla._Deadheader

Call the Bus Company and complain to them. I can't control how long it takes to travel 36 miles  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Texas Ranger

I have started brewing and drinking Kona or Blue Mountain.  Would like to try CR coffee, but the local houses don't sell it.  Blue Mountain is a VERY special coffee, for that price anything would be special.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

We have a member *Last Active:  June 12, 2006, 10:56:26 AM,  that used to visit every now and again.  She is from CR and sells coffee through the mail.  She even has an Ad on the front page.  http://www.tesorosdelsol.com/

Tesoros Del Sol
6959 Pershing Ave
St Louis, MO 63130
(314) 570-9659
E-mail us at info@tesdelsol.com

TexasTimbers

Quote from: Quartlow on April 16, 2007, 04:55:22 PM
White, Hot and Sweet. Just like the wife :D And all day even in the summer.

:D :D :D :D

I like mine the same way on all counts Quarftlow even all day year round and especially in the summer.  :-*;D

Now as to the coffee, I can take it ppractically any old way but I prefer it black unless it is that carp we have a wallyworld. Then I put Stevia and 1/2 & 1/2 in it to disguise the stale flavor. On the few occassions where I have had fresh ground South American coffees I would rather fight than allow someone to poison the natural aroma and flavor such a gift from God  possesses.  8)

I tried one of those monthly coffee club deals one time where they give you a coffee maker and send you a monthly suppy of coffee but for the most part I thought their coffees sukked.

I did not vote on the poll because their was no selection that said:

• Black if fresh ground stuff from FDH or any old way if not.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Tim L

I have to admit , I'm a pansy ! I drink mine with cream and sugar . Usually one large in the morning is about right, any more than that and I start acting like the guy on Sling Blade !
Do the best you can and don't look back

tcsmpsi

I try to do the best I can with what I have, moneywise/coffeewise.  I got a deal on some coffee from one of the office supply places, so I bought...quite a bit. 

I use Community Between Roast as a base, and mix Starbucks French Roast with it for the shop.

At the house, we use Community N'Orleans (w/chickory), mixed with Starbucks French Roast. 

The almost problem is, that the coffee holding containers in the coffee makers will only hold so much.  But then, I reckon that is an applied science which keeps our coffee drinkable to most folks.  Sort of.

I suppose we could cut down on the water content, but coffee would run out too soon.

Ohhhh...I forget sometimes that there are folks that put things in their coffee.  I voted black.  Literally. 

My first trip to NYC, of course a major first stop was to coffee.  Went in this likely looking little spot, guy asked me if I wanted light or dark coffee.  I figured he was talking some northern dialect, meaning with or without cream.  Certainly, I ordered the dark.  After a few Texas Monograms were forthcoming, it was (almost reluctantly) explained that meant with a little cream or a lot. 
Was quite the learning experience.  On both sides of the counter. 
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Texas Ranger

I like coffee, but the best has some Baileys Creme in it. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

wmrussel

Quote from: Texas Ranger on April 17, 2007, 10:18:53 PM
I like coffee, but the best has some Baileys Creme in it. 8)

I gotta agree with that sentiment!  Ever put Baileys over coffee ice cream?  Now that's a FINE desert.

Kevjay, I changed the poll for ya.  Nobody voted for Hazelnut, anyway. 
My name is William, but people call me Pete.  Long story......

Thank You Sponsors!