iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

671 detroit conversion

Started by Skytramp, April 14, 2007, 01:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skytramp

Hi guys;
     I am converting a 671 detroit truck engine to a power unit, I have removed the gear driven air pump and cannot determine what to do with the three lines that went to the head.  one is an oil line, that is not a problem.  the larger line that blows air when running is a mystry, and what do i do with the water line.
thanks in advance.
Skytramp;
PS
does anyone know a web site that has that information?  Pictures would help.
Thanks again
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

woody1

I have a 471 and a 671 power unit sitting at my shop. Any pictures or information I can help with let me know. Woody1
If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

arkansas

the best power units I know of, abuse is not an issue with them, plug off all lines to the the air pump and all is good to go.
Working on a hot LT40HD for now

rpg52

I think it'd be worthwhile to go to the Detroit Diesel forum and ask those guys, DD's are their own breed of engine, there are lots of tricks to working on them.

Go here:  http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/DetroitDiesel/
Belsaw circle mill, in progress.

Skytramp

Thanks for the help guys, My main concern was that I didn't disrupt the water flow and create a hot spot.  Also did not want to inadvertantly put water into the combustion chamber.
     All is well and runs like a champ, I had some injectors stuck open and was giving me fits, thanks to some Rust Reaper I am in business.
      I had to change out the governors, got that done in good order, They just look scary.  I now fit the catagory of Expert, ha.  As my Father used to say, when you use the word expert, just remember that, EX is a has-been and that Spurt is a Drip under preasure, so you see where that leaves me.
Thanks again;
SkyTramp
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

Thank You Sponsors!