iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

453 detroit head?

Started by woodhick, April 11, 2007, 06:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodhick

anyone know of any good resources for a used head for a 453 detroit.  I have a friend who has one in his skidder and it's cracked.  can't seem to find one around here without breaking the bank.  Thanks.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Gary_C

Look around for a shop that repairs cracked heads. I have had some fixed before and never had a problem with them. The shop I used was in Iowa so it is a long way for you.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ed_K

I'd try to fix it first like Gary said or try calling Marshall Machine in Penn.
Ed K

Greenedive

You anywhere near Sutton? Lyons Equipt. has a store there. I just got a new one from their PA store for my 353... $630.

olyman

as gary c said--the shop at nevada iowa can fix about anything--aluminum included--used to be nevada head service--but name changed some years back--they are good---

a old timberjack

i would try r. chasson diesel in belchertown mass they fix anything . they also  sell new and used detroit parts they have a big ad every month in the northern logger in the back. i purchased parts thru the mail from them today and they are fair priced.........Brandon
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

woodhick

timberjack,  do you have a phone # for them?
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Craig

Ron Chiasson RCS Diesel Service, Ludlow, Ma 413-589-9976
Great People to deal with. They repaired the head on my 453T then I had them do a complete overhaul on the engine. He knows his stuff and is willing to help you with info if needed.

Craig
Craig Martin
C.S. Martin Forest Contracting
Life, Liberty and Justice For All.
(This includes Americans)

Thank You Sponsors!