iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Simultaneous Response"

Started by TexasTimbers, April 10, 2007, 02:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

This is something you don't see very often. Scroll down to the second and third responses, I mean scroll down and look at the simulataneous responses. Either the  the thingy that determines how fast the software checks for new responses was slow (CPU clock speed ??? ) or else this is a rare thing indeed. I guess not so rare that whoever wrote the software did not think of it because they obviously allowed for the highly slim possibility or esle both responses could not have fit in the little hole that the messages go through to get to the screen.
You gotta know that both guys didn't hit send at the exact sime time even because surely one had to go through more servers than did the other. I guess what it means is that both of those messages landed at the exact same nano, micro, or milli-second?

I wonder if it has ever happened here of the FF. I bet no two of us could make it happen and were on the phone together trying to. Okay so I am easily amused.  ::)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Jeff

There is probably many easy explanations. Off the cuff, one might be that the responses could have been made several moments apart during a time when the server was non responsive. Even though the responses were created at different times the server eventually received and processed them at the same moment. though they may have been processed at a different millisecond, the program that returns the print information rounds the time to some predetermined increment resulting in the command to print the simultaneous response return.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

TexasTimbers

I guess the best way to put out the fire of fantasy is to sprinkle it with the water of logic! :D ;)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!