iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer debarker

Started by kev, April 08, 2007, 07:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev

hi everyone having problems with debarker everything is working as supposed to all but the swing in and out pulled cover off where belt is motor and arm turn and pulley turns but does not move debarker as supposed to is there a certain way that it must be timed or something like that.is there a way it could jump over center or something like that.pics may be helpful.ps as you can tell not very mechiacly inclined.

Dan_Shade

can you move it in and out by hand?

it is possible that the pin that it hinges on is a little tight with gunk or something.

I spent a while cleaning mine out the other week.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

kev

yes it moves in and out by hand easily i think it is something to do with the rod maybe or maybe the way the nuts hook on to the pulley not sure.

Dan_Shade

is the belt slipping on the drive motor? 

I'm having a little bit of a hard time understanding your first post.  if all of the pulleys are turning, then you may have a sheared key somewhere.   

You don't have the stow pin in place do you?  (just asking, I know you said it moved freely in the previous post, but I have spent hours "troubleshooting" dumb stuff like that).
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

kev

no the pin is not in place and the belt is not slipping the pulley is turniing and the rod is moving but it will not move the debarker the way it is supposed to something has jumped out of place . but cant seem to find what it is .almost looks like it should be timed .i may have to look at one to see what the problem is.

gmmills

Kev,

Look under the big pulley. There are two bolts under there. One is for mounting the tension rod to and the other bolt sticks out from the bottom of the pulley. As the pulley turns, this bolt comes in contact with a welded stop on the arm assembly. This is what makes the arm move in and out. It sounds like the bolt is out of adjustment or is completely gone. 
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

kev

gmills i think you are on to something i will take a closer look i think the two bolts you are talking about are right close together i will look to make sure . thanks will let you know how i make out.

sparks

You could be binding in the pivot of the Debarker. First, manually push the Debarker all the way in toward where the log would be. Now, grab the Debarker handle and pull it all the way toward the idle side. Let go of the Debarker. It should swing back in very quickly. If it does not, remove the bolt in the bottom of the pivot and pull the Debarker motor frame out. Clean it and regrease it before reinstalling.
If it swings freely, the motor may not have enough power to move the Debarker.   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

LT40HDD51

Give us a call if you dont get it figured out  ;). Call 1-877-866-0667 and Steve would be happy to give you a hand over the phone if you would like...
The name's Ian. Been a sawyer for 6 years professionally, Dad bought his first mill in '84, I was 2 years old :). Factory trained service tech. as well... Happy to help any way I can...

Thank You Sponsors!