iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How do you spell relief?

Started by TexasTimbers, April 06, 2007, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasTimbers

What do you do when everything is going wrong - where is your quiet little place where you retreat to regroup? Music in your study? Walk in the woods? Launch the bassboat and drop a worm?  Coffee and conversation with the wife/husband? Shopping spree (for you gals ;) ) Read a book?
What do you do ???

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

sawguy21

I go for a long walk in the woods or by the water. The sounds are soothing and I get a chance to re group.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Carries-Mom

Anytime I needed to relax, I would draw.  I love to draw seascapes, fish, animals.  I don't have the patience right now to do that with a 7 month old and redoing the outside of our home on weekends, but will find the time soon. ;D

Paul_H

I spell relief, n-a-p   smiley_sleeping
Even if it's 15 minutes it changes my whole outlook on things.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Mr Mom

I cut firewood or shot at a target.
     Cant nap i get up crabby.
     Cant draw.
     Walk in the woods is something that i do when i am bored.

Thanks Alot Mr Mom

Norm

I go for a walk around the pond with my ultralight outfit. Really takes my mind off the troubles.

SPIKER

I like to do a lot of the things already mentioned, Walk in woods by the stream, fish, draw play computer games (can't nap I wake up crabby too! :o) lay out in the sun (but living in Ohio that is like 2 days a year usually when the grass is 2 feet high and the garden needs weeded as well as the fish are biting! what to do what to do!  8))

When I'm really tired just setting petting the barn cat is pretty relaxing too, (just as long as ya stay away from her belly ;) ) she likes to set in you're lap & drool on ya as she doesn't get enough loving I suppose.  If-n I lived there full time she would be more spoiled.

MarkM

I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

limbrat

Shoot;  My favorite 22 a couple of hundred rounds and put 5 all in the same hole. or not
ben

Paschale

The best remedy for me is hanging out with my friends, around a good meal, hopefully with a beer or two, maybe playing some card games, or watching a movie.  Walking in the woods is always good, but sometimes, the best thing for me is to be around good friends.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

tcsmpsi

There is this spot, somewhat southwest of Tuscon, where there is a notable energy specifically tuned to my own, at which I buried specifics of my own being long, long ago, and particularly placed rocks as a 'marker' to which I can 'cast' or 'retrieve' at any given time/space.

Depending on what exactly has gotten things out of kilter, as to how I specifically utilize the spot.  Or, vice versa.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

TexasTimbers

Quote from: tcsmpsi on April 06, 2007, 03:16:21 PM
There is this spot, somewhat southwest of Tuscon, where there is a notable energy specifically tuned to my own, at which I buried specifics of my own being long, long ago, and particularly placed rocks as a 'marker' to which I can 'cast' or 'retrieve' at any given time/space.

Depending on what exactly has gotten things out of kilter, as to how I specifically utilize the spot.  Or, vice versa.

Dude, I think you stay in that special little place 100% of the time. Put down the left-hander and slowly step away from your computer screen . . . .  :D   ;)   :)

Part_Timer

kev

I took that promotion at work first of the year and it has been 60-70 hours a week ever since.  After all the hourly guys go home I lock the office door turn on the music and take 15 minutes or so and draw on the dry erase board about where the house and cabins are going to be placed on the farm when we move down there.  I've also placed lots of pics around the office as a reminder of that couple of times a year we go down and loose ourselves for a week or so.  It helps keep me going.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Tom_in_Mo.

in the fall of the year (late October) in a tree stand 8) 8)

or at Tom Cadenhead's eating a good steak and listening to a story. Fellows if ya ain't if ya ain't done that yet, well.............

tcsmpsi

Quote from: kevjay on April 06, 2007, 03:31:24 PM
Quote from: tcsmpsi on April 06, 2007, 03:16:21 PM

Depending on what exactly has gotten things out of kilter, as to how I specifically utilize the spot.  Or, vice versa.

Dude, I think you stay in that special little place 100% of the time. Put down the left-hander and slowly step away from your computer screen . . . .  :D   ;)   :)

What computer screen?

smiley_divide
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

TexasTimbers

gary

This is where I go when I need to unwind

Jeff

I'm wit Paul. Nuthin Better then a nap, other then a nap takin when yer really supposed to be doing sumpthin else. :)  I genreally only sleep 4 or 5 hours so when I can take a nap, Ahhhhhh..... :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

In the wood shop or out in the woods. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sprucebunny

Far enough out in the woods to not hear a road, snipping trails.

OR chipping rust. ....Can't break much either way.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

WDH

I take Scarlet (my dog) and go to the woods........................
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DWM II

I gotta hit the woods. I'll take the dogs out and my wife tags along most of the time as well. I'll grab a brew and she takes a glass of wine and we just stroll and chat. Its good to shoot the breeze and unwind together, she has a hecktic schedule and I'm knee deep in the rat race daily. Also since I dont saw for a living, the woodmizer unwinds me as well, it gives me a chance to concentrate on something productive for my personal use.
Stewardship Counts!

Corley5

I usually just pack it up and go home, get a bite to eat, watch some TV or a movie, take a nap, surf the net or put in some shop time on an old tractor if the mood suits me.  Basically I look for something that isn't related to what was giving me fits.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Bill

When the stuff is really falling apart I'll step back and go for a nap. Puts a whole new face on things. Must be gettin old - ya think . . .  the white head at the gas station called ME sir  :o

stonebroke

I go watch my cows graze. Something about them. They don't have a care in the world. Puts things in perspective.

Stonebroke

isawlogs

You guys have way to much control ...  :-\ ::)  I usualy end up buying what ever was giving me grief all over again ...  or have to fix a little more of it ...
 I have learned to control some .. but at the right moment and the right place ...things can get air born .  :-\

Joan , I am glad you put  " much " into your post  ;D :D

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!