iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

thank you

Started by LeeB, March 08, 2003, 09:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeB

Sure am glad us amatuers are welcome here. Thank you one and all for letting me be here and talking about what ever I want. LeeB :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

inspectorwoody

What part of Texas Lee? Know of anyone hardwood mills that might need an inspector??

Jeff

If the amateurs weren't welcome I'd have ta leave too. :D

Your welcome Lee. And Thank you. Thats what makes the forum a place to look forward to stopping by. Lots of friends in one spot.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Amateurs ain't amateurs over here very long.  Just watch.  :o A couple of months and a couple dozen posts and everybody becomes an "expert" at something. ;D

Say! Somebody must have left the back door open over at Woodweb.  People just keep coming over here. ;)

8)   8)    8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

LeeB

Been here for a while Bibbyman. Getting so disgusted with the b.s. going on at the other place I had to say something.
 Inspector: I live in Liberty Hill. Not a whole lot of milling going around here. Certainly nothing comercial. Few guys around Smithville doing cedar, but thats about 70 miles from here. Liberty Hill is just a bit north of Austin.
 Jeff: You are right about good friends and just good people. I mostly just read, but it sure is nice to be able to post on something and not get snubbed just because I don't do this for a living.
 Again, thank you all for a place to belong. LeeB ;)
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

ARKANSAWYER

LeeB,
  Do not be afraid to jump in and add your 2 cents worth.  "From the mouth of babes"  some times comes the best ideals.  I think the BS over at the other site got the delete key. :D   If you want to do pissing here you have to go to the Outhouse thread.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

MrMoo

I agree with Lee. As an amatuer/novice I feel very lucky to have the forum to go to.
I was visiting my brother over the weekend and we got to talking about sawmills and I told him what a great site this is. People here are so willing to share their knowledge and experience. It takes so long to build up a knowledge base by yourself but I feel the FF is great help to learning about things.
Its lots of fun too.
Thanks to all.

biziedizie

Speaking of learning things I'm nearly half way through reading all the posts in the sawmill section and I'm amazed at how much information there is here. It's nice to see everyone get along and goof off while sharing their experiences! Some sites people treat you like you're a nobody if you don't have the toys that they have but here it's like owning a boat, don't matter what size of boat you have just as long as you got one! 8)

Steve

Haytrader

I'm not sure if everyone has a boat.... ::)

But as far as I know, they are still welcome.
What Emazes me is that some of these guys even admit to trying to saw log dogs and not making a lot of $$.

Shucks, I thought everyone knew you could be smart, wealthy,  and good looking on the puter.

Yes, this is a cool place to hang out. Much info here and some Wurth remembering.

:D  :D  :D
Haytrader

chet

Nobody said anything about having to have a boat.   :-[   Zeeesh now how am I gun-na convince da wife I need a boat to keep the mill company?    ;D     ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

MrMoo

Don't forget the boat does have to be big enough to get the sawmill on it.
Yup portable sawmilling on the waves.

J_T

I bet everyone had to start somewhere . I too read a lot insted of post . Am really glad Unclebuck ask all those questons about saw blades as I don't type well and I neded the information . A bout got my old corley about ready to try after a year. When I started it was just a pile of parts.Got most of my infrmation right here. I have never posted on another fourm as i feel at home here.
Jim Holloway

EZ

LeeB,
I just kinda feel this way about the hot heads thats out their. If they treat their fellow sawyers like that, how do they treat their customers. I fill that it's a gang for all of us good guys.
EZ

arj

I`m one of those "amatures" although I don`t consider my self one. Started out as a hobby, and didn`t take long to get out of control. I`ve got 40 oak & w. pine logs left to saw from last year, got 4 log truck loads of spruce (20 footers) last week, and more coming. For free too. I get paid for lumber and custom sawing, So I don`t know what catagory I`m in. Not amature, probley novice. Got a lot to lean from all you guys, you anwser most of my questions before I think of them.
               Thanks for all the info.  arj

Tom

Yeah, you guys are great.  Cool headed and fun loving and full of information.  Heck, I've learned stuff about wiring and can't even spell 'lectrishun.  There's pictures of equipment I've never seen before and some of you brains have even built your own sawmills.   Burning out the center of a log to hollow it out.....Who'd a thunk that.  That's the kind of stuff folks did hundreds of years ago and most of the world has gotten too sophisticated to try stuff like that anymore.  ...But not here.

Other places talk about grading and stuff being bad and burning bad logs and having to cut trash boards.  Folks here look at wood as good and better. It's neat that everybody trys to think of something they can make out of even the "sorriest" log.,

How to buy a new gun and take care of a chainsaw and projects for elementary school kids and always being a showplace for high school and college kids that show up makes everybody stay on their toes and there hasn't been a fight yet   :-/ 8)

You guys even think enough to travel and visit one another. 8)

I got some Marmite and Vegamite from New Zealand and a chance to try to eat something I didn't even know existed.  It's pretty good too, even if it is an acquired taste.

Log loading is tough unless you peruse the Forestry Forum.  There are lots of ways to handle logs here.

I think the secret of the success of this place has been that you guys only invite people who you would run around with,  and welcome anybody who knocks on the door. It sure makes me feel at home. If a fellow didn't already know, you couldn't tell a new fellow from an old one.  Yep y'all make me proud to know you.

Mark M

Hi Tom

Ya got me all choked up with them kind words :'(

I really like it here too, its the first place I go when I wake up in the morning and the last place I go before bed. Also the first place I go when I get to work, come back from coffee or after lunch. I also visit in afternoon when things are slow, the middle of the night when I can't sleep and when I get home from work.

Come to think of it, this is the only place I go - nobody else wants me  :'(

Mark

Jeff

You have just compared the forestry forum to my relationship with a toilet. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tillaway

;D Toilet, sad but true.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Mark M

Gosh - there is a similarity I guess. Maybe I should put a computer in the bathroom and kill 2 stones with 1 bird.  :D

biziedizie

Now that's some good thinking Mark! Think I might move my whole office into the can, it would be a good place with all the s*** that goes on around here! :D

Steve

chet

Boy did this tread take a left turn.   ::)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Tom

Charlie's already been there.  What a story he has to tell. :D

It was a thread way back in ought one about Jeff's sawbooth.  Jeff tried to teach Charlie how complicated it was to run the saw and drew this special analogy.

Charlie's Sawing Lesson

ARKANSAWYER

I got a "lumimun boat does that count? ???
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

rbarshaw

I ain't got no boat but sure am glad to be on here. I've learned alot and feel at home and couldn't have done it with out the FF.
Been doing so much with so little for so long I can now do anything with nothing, except help from y'all!
By the way rbarshaw is short for Robert Barshaw.
My Second Mill Is Shopbuilt 64HP,37" wheels, still a work in progress.

Thank You Sponsors!