iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SAWLEX, COLUMBIA, SC - FF volunteers?

Started by Nancbee, April 04, 2007, 09:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nancbee

Timekeepers needed for Great Portable Sawmill Shoot-Out and New Firewood Processing Competition! In years past, we would find local college Forestry students to serve as timekeepers but this year we thought it would be more "fun" to ask our new friends at Forestry Forum if anyone would be interested in lending a hand.

We need 6 people. The Shoot-out will run Fri and Sat mornings for up to 3-1/2 hrs. and the Firewood Competition is Fri and Sat afternoons for 2 hrs. Of course, this is an extremely important task since the "winners" are based on their time in which they saw or process their allotted logs.

So if there are any hearty souls out there who are planning to attend and who wouldn't mind spending a few hours helping out, please let me know. You'd at least get a Sawmill cap or t-shirt.
Thanks,
Nancy
Nancy B. Limberis
Circulation Manager
Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Captain

You're not concerned about bias??  :D

Captain

Tom

Bias is OK, but Radial is where it's at. i'm told it is Spiral, though, that leads to the top of the stairs.  :D

Tom_in_Mo.

Nancbee

So, you gentlemen are just too smart to fall for my "Tom Sawyer" invitation to paint that fence!  :D I understand! I'll find willing helpers elsewhere. Is there a nearby college with a forestry department?

Thanks,
Nancbee
Nancy B. Limberis
Circulation Manager
Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Jeff

:D

Dont give up on all of em yet Nancbee, a couple may come around yet.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

LeeB

I wood love to help but alas. as usual, I'll be at work. >:(  I either need to get my schedule changed or send it to all the event planners so they can include me. :D LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Ron Wenrich

When I was in college and on the woodsman's team, we had a competition in Canada where the timers were pretty co-eds.  Not a forester in the bunch, and much better on the eyes.

Clemson has a forestry school.  Its about 140 miles away.

If you want honest timers, there's a Lutheran Seminary in Columbia.   ;)
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

customsawyer

It is not that I don't want to help I just don't think I could keep my mind on my job while I was looking at all that was going on.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Engineer

I definitely think you'd have a bunch of very distracted Forum members, probably not very useful for what you need.  Probably better to find someone who has minimal interest in the proceedings.

Furby

Tom_in_Mo.

you guys kinda dissappointed me, I didn't anything you distract ya'all  when sawdust started flying :D

but I will have to go along with Furby, GO CO-EDS 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!