iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Purchase on New Table Saw

Started by ronwood, April 03, 2007, 09:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronwood

While working on the house this past Saturday when I received a call from my brother. He was at a consignment sale and came across a 16 in. table saw (Oliver Model 370) with a 3 phase 5 hp motor. 

Rushed off to the sale and got there about 10:30AM. Waited all day and finally around 4:30 they got to the table saw. With the rain coming down the bidding started. Auctioneer started the bid out at $25.00 and I bought the saw for $90.00. I could not believe that it went that cheap. Was willling to go much more.

It needs a little work and yes pictures are to come latter this week when I get uncovered and off the trailer.

I did some searching on the internet and the best I can tell that is was built in the mid 1960's and was a government issued saw. Looks similiar to the Model 270. Any suggestions on were to find a manual.

Thanks
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

scsmith42

Ron - that sounds like a great acquisition, and a fantastic bargain.  Congrats on the score!

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

ronwood

OneWithWood and Scott,

You never know how things will go at a sale. There was hardly any woodworking equipment to note and it was not on the bill of sale. I suspect it was at late arrival.  Since I have three phase in my shop I been trying to gather some tools. So for I got a 12in Moak planer, Oliver table saw, powermatic power feed and a blower, all of which are three phase. Now I need to get it all working and sell my existing equipment.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Engineer

Try www.owwm.com, but I looked through all the machinery publications under Oliver, and there is no 370 listed.  You might get by with a manual from a 270. 

Best thing to do is snap some photos, sign up at www.owwm.org, post the pictures and see if you can get some feedback.  There is, bar none, no better place to get info on old woodworking machines.

Thank You Sponsors!