iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ran my first swing blade today

Started by E.B., April 02, 2007, 07:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.B.

Just wanted to say HI :) I got to run my first swing blade today over in long beach Ms it was a lucas 8in older model. But Joe took time to show me the pros and cons and answer all my questions and even fed me lunch [chicken] I cut about 800bf of popular,Pine and oak. I LOVED it 8) can't wait to get mine. Hopefully I'll be able to order it next week. I'd better hurry up and do something the best I can figure I just put over 20,000bf of sweetgum, 8,500bf of Oak and 5,600bf of jeniper in my pond not counting all the pine logs I got laying around.
Between my sawmill and my tree removal and escavating business and Building my house. I don't think I'll get bored ::) ::). My Father always said busy hands were good hands :D Well gotta go EVERYONE have a SAFE day

EB
A day without a Smile is a wasted day

Mooseherder

thecfarm

Them swing mills are really something.Let us all know when it comes in.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Firebass

Congrats on the new swinger.   I've been running my homemade swinger now for about 2 weeks and it gets better each day.  When ever anyone comes around to see it they just believe how fast it cuts lumber.   There's lots of tricks that really make things easier and the guys helping out here at the forum are the key to my speedy learning.

8)Firebass

TexasTimbers

Hands full? I gar-own-tee.
Quote from: E.B. on April 02, 2007, 07:29:33 PM
. . . sawmill . . . . tree removal . . . escavating business . . . . . . .  Building my house. I don't think I'll get bored

I gar-own-tee you won't. I am a guy who knows. My advice? DO NOT put one more single iron in the fire. You do not yet realize it and there is no convincing you but you already have too many in it. You'll survive though ;)

Oh yeah you might as well go ahead and at least two more irons right now. You need at least one kiln and lots of covered drying areas.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Thank You Sponsors!