iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

log peeler, recommendations??

Started by amberwood, April 02, 2007, 08:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amberwood

morning all...just had a customer ask about supplying a log peeler. Would need to be able to process up to 300mm-12" diameter..prob max out at 2.4m, 8ft.

It would be converting radiata pine into fence posts before CCA

Anyone out there using one?..own one.?

rgs

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Cedarman

What quantity?.  Do you want dowel rod straight or just get the bark off?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

amberwood

MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Timburr

We use a very old version from THIS COMPANY, but do not know if they have an export facility to Os.

Other peelers that are used here are Rabaud, Jocar and Posch. The Posch is possibly too small for your needs and I know even less about the Jocar and Rabaud peelers.

Cheers Tim
Sense is not common

jph

I have a Neuhauser. It does a good job  but I would say   only for  small scale production.

http://www.neuhauser-holztechnik.at/RoundTimber.htm

Ron Wenrich

A lot depends on how much you want to do.  Morbark makes a portable peeler that reportedly can do 2000 8' poles in an 8 hr. shift.  Here's what it look like:

http://www.morbark.com/Equipment/sawmill.aspx?id=5

They even have an Australian dealer.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Larry

Iffen I remember right this is a loaner Morbark peeler owned by some government agency.  They were trying to get farmers interested in utilizing ERC.  Seemed to do a good job.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

semologger

we use a morbark peeler for pine. works good. we have prob peeled around 2000 post a day. it looks just like larrys pitchure. there is different types of peelers some faster than others.

amberwood

just spoke to the local Morbark dealer...I think the customer isgoing to have a heart attack . AUD$60K for one just like in the picture, plus 3 months delivery.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

Thank You Sponsors!