iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

need piston & maybe cylinder for husky 359

Started by davefrommd, April 02, 2007, 12:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefrommd

I have a husky 359 E-Tech with decompression valve that needs the piston and possibly cylinder replaced. Can someone tell me where I can get these replacement parts at besides baileys.  Does someone make a big bore kit for the 359. Thanks   dave

jokers

Any Husky dealer can get those parts but what is wrong with Bailey`s?

I don`t know of any big bore kit for the 359 but you may be able to get an aftermarket topend for less than an OEM, just be forewarned that none of the aftermarket kits that I`ve seen are the identical equivalent of the OEM.

If your saw is siezed you may not need a new cylinder, just a piston and rings. Just clean up your cylinder really well and put the new parts in. If it`s siezed you`d better figure out why before investing any money in it.

davefrommd

It isn't seized. I believe someone ran it with out oil mix. The cylinder looks fine. The piston has some scratches on it. I have a baileys catalog but just wanted to see if there were other places thar carried parts. You're probably right. Just clean it up good and install another piston. Appreciate your help.  dave

Thank You Sponsors!