iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Latest Creation.....

Started by Burlkraft, March 29, 2007, 10:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Here's a 25th anniversary present one of my customers had me do for his wife's anniversary surprise....
I cut the black cherry off his land and made this table. It's all cherry ..'cept fer the walnut pins in da top... ;D ;D

Too bad there's not a decent picture taker 'round here...It looks much nicer in person....

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Sprucegum

Beautiful work!

I can't imagine wanting a table with no chairs  :o when ya gonna start on those?

metalspinner

very nice!

I love those gum streaks(?) in cherry.  Are the pins you mentioned anchored in the rails?
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Burlkraft

Quote from: Sprucegum on March 29, 2007, 10:55:22 AM
Beautiful work!

I can't imagine wanting a table with no chairs  :o when ya gonna start on those?

They got some old oak chairs that were her Grandmother's that they are gonna use......

I been workin' on him tho..... ;D ;D ;D

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

Quote from: metalspinner on March 29, 2007, 10:59:03 AM
Are the pins you mentioned anchored in the rails?

Yup..... That's what's holdin' the top on...and a couple a clips....

There's only 8 screws in the whole thing. They are in the top clips.  The rest is held together with either cherry or walnut pins.... ;) ;)

flip

Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Norm

Well the first thing you need to do is iron that sheet. ;D

Very nice Burl! Another family heirloom for sure. :)

Burlkraft

....Iron... ???   ???   ???   ???

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

getoverit

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

TexasTimbers

Nice table Steve. Iron that sheet though. ;D

Norm: Hey, is there an echo echo in this room ???

Steve: What the heck are they talking about I didn't use any iron in this project !

The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

scsmith42

Steve, that is sweet!

Norm - not much gets by you...   :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

SwampDonkey

That table is really nice Burlkraft. I don't think I could turn a smooth rounded corner like that. Maybe if I had a steady jig that could be set for any angle I wanted to rout. Couldn't do it freehand for sure. It's amazingly light colored for cherry. Almost had me thinking you got a hold of some juvenile white birch lumber.  ;D I have some cherry in the back yard I let grow after cleaning up the orchard. It's only good for short pieces because of the fungus. Hopefully by the time my yellow birch and spruce are 30 feet tall those cherry will go through a mill or something. ;D I'm low on cherry, might have to scout around this summer for future projects.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Sid

I know a good where you ca n find it a good home  ;D

Burlkraft

Hey Donk,

You would be surprised how much darker that table is now. I was very surprised when I saw it last week... :o :o :o

The gum deposits are a little more camo'd now.

The big anniversary party is next week, and she is going to see it for the first time... ;D  ;D  ;D

I also...although either one of them don't know...made them a cutting board, bread knife that I made the handles for and 4 coasters out of their wood. My present to both of them for the big day....

There's not many women that I have known for 25 years let alone being married to one for that long.... :D :D :D

I traced my table end on a piece of cardboard and cut those ends freehand...... ;D ;D

SwampDonkey

You done good lad, I sure couldn't do it free hand. I'd figure a way after ruining about 3 tops. ;D :D

I know now how ya hold on to'm for 25 years.  ;) :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!