iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

a whack o logs maybe???

Started by Quebecnewf, March 25, 2007, 05:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quebecnewf

Here is a whack of logs about 400 so far as you can see we have had snow

As you can see in this more recent pic snow is starting to melt more logs now about 550

Here is anothe load to add to the pile . Good hauling conditions now.

Soon be time to start sawing

Quebecnewf

Tom Sawyer

So, what are you going to do next week? ;D ;D ;D

Kcwoodbutcher

How do you keep that rig from plowing into you when you stop?
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Sprucegum

I don't think he ever stops  :o  ;D

Quebecnewf

There is a steel tow bar connecting the sled to the machine. When you stop it stops. That being said with a load like that you can't stop coming down a hill. A few weeks ago while coming down over a steep short section of the trail my back half of the sleigh along with the load of logs detached I went on but the load remained in the path. My wife on her machine had just tipped the top of the hill with her load of logs of course she tried to stop but the load pushed her down the hill. She turned her machine into the woods so very lucky no one was injured. We then had the fun of untangling all this mess and trying to get back on the road. Did i mention as soon as you steped of the beaten path you went to your armpits in the soft snow and our snowshoes were left back in the place were we were cutting logs. Made for a full hour and a half of hard work.
Thats winter logging in this area

Quebecnewf

woodmills1

Nice work, but how do you grow logs with nice little runners on them? :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

tgnfr

You're right guys, he doesn't stop. He eats sleeps and breaths wood! Hi Dad, how's it going? That's right I joined the forestry forum *sigh* you must be rubbing off. Looks like the rack is pretty full. Wish I could've been home to drive the ol' VK!! See you soon!

dad2nine

Wow it's freaking cold there, little hint MOVE SOUTH, get out of that place, it's cold as in C O L D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!