iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

3700 Members Strong

Started by Don K, March 22, 2007, 11:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

I just noticed we have 3700 members.  :o      Out of that I wonder how many are active users? ???
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Furby

You'd have to define "active users".

People who visit AND post regularly....... 10-15% I would say.

Don K

I'm talking about people that get on regularly. I'm on about every day, I just don't have a lot to say most of the time.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

blaze83

yea, I'm more of a sponge right now myself, absorbing info 8)
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Furby

We have lots of folks that are on here all the time but never log in.
Have lots of folks that have never registered as well, why not I don't know. ???

Registered members that are logging in regularly (posting or not)...... I'm gonna say less then 25%.

Don K

Yea, A guy introduced himself to me at WM 25th Perkinston and said he been lurking a long time but has never reg. Saw my FF hat. Of course I extended the invitation to join

DanG

Funny you should mention that!  I just happens that member #3700, Garret McCormack, spent the day at my place, and hereabouts.  He was in the company of another new member, Jesse Frank.  Incidentally, JeffB, Woodbowl, and James G were here also.  To say we had a good time would be the understatement of the year! 8) 8) 8)  We stomped around all over my place, then went to Jack Wingate's Lunker Lodge for lunch, then went and terrorized Mr. Hootie's place, then came back here and yakked some more and sent JeffB down the road, then sawed a few boards and hit a big nail.  I guess things had to peter out sometime, eh? :D :D

We really enjoyed Jesse and Garrett.  They're a couple of nice young men with a lot of knowledge to share.  Jesse is an expert bladesmith and brought along a beautiful Damascus knife  to show us.  It just about blew my mind.  Check out his website.  Garrett also had along a nice skinning knife he had made, and if I weren't such a nice guy I would have gladly bonked him over the head and taken it from him.  Both of them are wood lovers to boot. 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Don K

I'm gonna come over there one day for one of those cogitatin, pork rind chewing, Hootie exploring, FFreunion get togethers. I feel like I'm really missing something. ;D

DanG

Things are usually pretty quiet around here, Don, but you sure missed somethin' this week.  I failed to mention that Brdmkr spent the afternoon with Jeff and me yesterday.  We only went to Walmart and the bread store, but we had a blast, anyway! 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

brdmkr

Quote from: DanG on March 23, 2007, 12:53:57 AM
Things are usually pretty quiet around here, Don, but you sure missed somethin' this week.  I failed to mention that Brdmkr spent the afternoon with Jeff and me yesterday.  We only went to Walmart and the bread store, but we had a blast, anyway! 8) 8)

Not quite true my friend.  I need to provide some updates....

As I remember it, we:

1.  Designed a number of modifications for my mill 8).
2.  Showed Jeff the forks you fabricated for your FEL. :)
3.  Had a lesson from you on the finer points of running an MD mill. :P
4.  Had an OSHA lesson from Jeff on how to wear proper safety gear ;).
5.  Discussed the ACQ dipping of landscape timbers conspiracy :o.
6.  Cogitated over concrete prices >:(.
7.  Examined the future foundation of your new house 8).
8.  Studied your wood selection :P.
9.  Discussed the timber inustry in general.
10.  HAD A REALLY GOOD TIME DOING IT! 8) 8)

Thanks for the invite. 
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Jeff

I'd have to put that safety lesson right up there at the top. Although the experience at hand seemed quite sufficient, I felt that head protection was at a minimum, so with necessity being the mother of invention, I created my own and I must say it fit perfectly.  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

JDFII

Quote from: blaze83 on March 22, 2007, 11:47:35 PM
yea, I'm more of a sponge right now myself, absorbing info 8)

Me too!

Jeff

Here we are sawing up some SYP.

Here is our foundation Inspection.

Jeff

I got my first look at, and learned some about this Beautiful Devil at Dan's.

Jeff

This photo shows a little more of the Wisteria growing around, up, over and even in DanG's entertainment complex

Don K

It's pretty, smells good, but will catch you and hog-tie you if you don't keep it cut back. :D

DWM II

10-4, I had some tear down a picket fence one time. I had to cut it all down and drill the stump and then inject 2-4-d to kill it. I named it Seymore after that.
Stewardship Counts!

Jeff

Jesse Frank as mentioned brought along one of his works in progress. It was very impressive.

Don K

Looks like the start of a nice knife.

PineNut

Plenty of that Wisteria here in SW MS. I will be out soon fertilizing it with some 2-4-D, some stump treating and other spraying. That is an annual job for me.

LT40HDD51

Thats the guy who calls the shots around here?!?!?!?!  :D :D :D :D ;)
The name's Ian. Been a sawyer for 6 years professionally, Dad bought his first mill in '84, I was 2 years old :). Factory trained service tech. as well... Happy to help any way I can...

DanG

Ain't that a pair of bozo's, though?  At least one of'em is getting some work done. :D

WDH

I think that pic is posed.  Its like lip sync.  It looks real, but is not.  You can't call what them boys were doing work.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Here's dat one bozo at rest. Nope, that work photo aint staged as we have video too. ;D

LT40HDD51

You look like yer havin fun, anyway  ;D
The name's Ian. Been a sawyer for 6 years professionally, Dad bought his first mill in '84, I was 2 years old :). Factory trained service tech. as well... Happy to help any way I can...

Thank You Sponsors!