iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Little Piece of Tail

Started by Mark M, March 03, 2003, 05:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

You may remember back in the My Sawmill Kit thread when I accidentally cut off the end of my cat's tail with the sawmill?  :o

Well that little piece of tall never did grow back quite right so I decided to snip it off with the pinking shears and make something useful. It's been a while since I cloned any mammals so I made up a few clones of the cat. I think they turned out pretty good and not surprising they all had full length tails. It's a good thing the original still has a short tail otherwise we couldn't tell them apart.  :D :D

Mark

Jeff

Will someone pleeeeese haul this man a log?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

whitepe

Jeff,
I've offered to take this guy some logs but the
gas prices are too high. Besides what do you expect?
He works for a CAT dealer.  :D :D :D
DanG, that Norwood mill is sure shiny.
Most of us take wagers on when we are going to
cut the first metal with our mills.  Maybe we should
start a pool and see who can guess the closet date when Mark cuts the first wood with his mill.    ;D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Kevin_H.

I don't know when he will make his first boards, but I would imagine he will be making one huge litter box real soon...

Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Mark M

Jeff

Thats it!
Mark, if its as cold there as it is here and I am sure it is you can make a log to saw!

Go down and get 23 bags of the cullulose type cat litter. Find your self two fiber packs (round cardboard containers.) Cut off the metal rims on each end of them and duck tape them together to form an 8 foot long cylynder. Take out side, stand it on end and dump in all the kitty litter, mixing it with water as you fill. Leave alone till next morning.

Walah!  A home made log to try your Norwood out on!

Kevin_H.

OK Jeff, but what kind of "Blade Set" do you use to cut kitty litter and cardboard?

On the other hand, Should be easy to grade...As long as there is no air pockets ;D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Mark M

Ya got to set it between turdy and farty thowzandths if you are using used kitty liter. ;D

Jeff I was thinking I could get me some of those wax sawdust logs city folks use in their fireplaces and melt them down and poor into a big cardboard tube and make a log. Wouldn't have to use any lube I suppose.

I did order a Lewis winch so should be it a good position to go to the dump and see if I can scrounge up something. It is really nasty here today. Around zero but lots of wind that goes right through ya. Almost as cold as in downtown Chicago. I heard something about -30, hope it isn't for here.

Mark

Jeff

When we went to the dump last to get logs it was so they could build the dump. We have a big landfill just up the road and when they need to start making a new cell we usually log it. We logged for a gravel pit earlier this fall.

I really don't think we have ever went to the dump or a gravel pit after they were open to get a log. ;)

MrMoo

Mark,
My surpervisors (Hot Shot, Holstein, and Foxey) were not pleased to hear the tale of what had happened to your supervisor dar in dat picture.

I can see you'll be a buildin a big litter box. One of the 2 story models  ;D

Haytrader

I suspect trick photography.
 ;)
Haytrader

dail_h

World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Mark M

Wrong-O to both!

Photoshop and multiple layers  :)

Paul_H

So Mark,what you're saying is you did'nt really clone your cat? :o

How did you re-attach his tail,I've got a friend that wants to know how you did it.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Mark M

Ouch Paul! Did that hurt?

I just used a little duct tape. Below is what your friend can expect if he decides to try this.

Paul_H

:DWay to go Mark.But won't that tickle the nose when I, er uh, he's in deep thought? It could have many useful functions.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tagerts_crossing

John Schoolcraft

Jeff

Typical Mark. :)  Somehow back then, I missed the "between turdy and farty thowzandths"  pun.  That was a good one Mark.

Paschale

The "turdy and farty" made me laugh too.   ;D  I hope others bring up favorite threads of his too.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

etat

I still have messages in my inbox from when he was checking on my daughter.  He gave me a lot of good advice when I was working on my tractor too.  Seems I remember a couple of times he'd show up with a alter ego and make everybody laugh.  Here's a copy of a picture of a shirt I made him one time for a birthday present when he was going by this alter ego and I was feeling sorry for him. (not really)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=6179.msg89150;topicseen#msg89150

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Jeff

Stinky Peterson signed the end of our house at the Pig Roast.  :)

tnlogger

i woke up this morning ck and that picture poped in my head
sure glad we have the old posts because i miss him already :-[
gene

CHARLIE

Geeeez I remember this thread. It's a classic!  I laughed then and I'm laughing now.  I remember seeing all those cats on his mill and could not figure out how he did that. :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

etat

Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Scott

Mark was a great guy and I still remember the shock I felt seeing his picture in the top corner  :(. I also remember Duane. He was a good fella too.

Thank You Sponsors!