iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

vintage iron.

Started by twobears, March 17, 2007, 12:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twobears

i,ve been going thur the post of logging methods.i like the pic,s of the old iron..is there a chance we could start a post on just vintage iron??

CEDAR ?? (sorry,i forgot your whole nickname) had a few pictures of a old franklin forwarder..it looked like it was in good shape.i wish we had a good side veiw pic of that one also?

how about it folks..post those old iron pic,s.

delbert

redpowerd

you ever see the book called "the glory days of logging"

lotsa pics of old steam donkeys. talk about a "go anywere" vehicle.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Ed_K

I'm wondering if 72 is old enough.

If you decide you want older I can delete this and get a pict of my 42 massey harris.
Ed K

Ron Scott

I would say that a number of the machines still in use here are vintage. I have 3 jobs working at present and all three have iron mules and 1970 vintage timberjacks working on them. Needless to say, they are well cared for by their owners.
~Ron

twobears

after,i made this post got to thinking about what vintage reallt meant. how about 1980 and earlier machines.
RON:i see in that other post you had a few pic,s of older skidders,forwarders.

delbert

a old timberjack

old iron??? .............. did someone call me?????. that is more my speed. i'm with ed, if that is not old enough, i will post a pic  of my 39 9 n............Brandon
H.T. LOGGING and Trucking, llc, GREENE, Rhode Island

OneWithWood

Maybe we should just line up a bunch of us senior memebers and take a pic.

Or just review the piggy roast threads  :D ;D ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Scott

Hi twobears. I thought you might like to see some pictures of my 1962 timberjack skidder. It's the oldest skidder I've ever seen in person.

Enjoy.

Ed_K

Scott, what model is that jack?It looks small.
Ed K

Scott

Hi Ed. It's a 200, ford 172 gas engine. I was told that the 200 was the first Timberjack to feature articulate steering although I'm not sure what year it was first released. Yes it is a small machine but that's one of the reasons I bought it. It's great for working on the woodlot  :)

SwampDonkey

Looks similar to our old 60's tree farmer dad sold 7 years ago. Only it had yellow paint. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

OneWithWood

Looks like the perfect size to me.  ;)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

leweee

:) Scott ...I like it. 8)  8)  8)

Nice Winter action shots. :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Greenedive

Scott,
An old guy who had a Timberjack just like your's worked next to me on a State Forest sale a few years back...he didn't seem to hurry or overwork his machine...but at the end of the day he always had good production. Thanks for the Pix!!

Scott

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm certainly not in a big hurry  :D. I had hoped to yard out some firewood and sawlogs with the old girl this winter but I haven't got all the bugs out just yet. I'll be replacing the points and distributer cap pretty soon, I've been meaning to for awhile now but I broke my arm and have been pretty useless. There's a long list of things I hope to fix on it this spring, hopefully I'll have it ready to go by the time the ground dries up.  8)

SwampDonkey

Well your already working too hard if ya broke your arm.  ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Scott

Swamp, I did an arseplant while skating and landed hard on my elbow. I didn't think much of it and kept going for another hour or so. Turns out I broke the main bone in my forearm right before it joints the elbow. Ended up having to get 2 pins and a few screws and wires put in there to hold everything together  ;D. I've been in a full arm cast for 5 weeks now ::)

SwampDonkey

Oh well, you put your time in with that cast and be better than ever. Come out kicking and screaming and ready to ride that 'iron mule'.  ;)

Scott

The cast is coming off on Thursday as long as everything is mended up properly. It sure will be nice to get back into the swing of things  :).

Thank You Sponsors!