iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawing under roof with diesel.

Started by two saw, March 15, 2007, 02:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

two saw

I am going to hopefully start on a saw shed for my mill soon and I am wondering what to do about exhaust fumes from the diesel on my mill.
What do others do about the problem or is it not really a problem.
I wouls like to have at least 2 sides of the shed enclosed to cut down on the wind passing through.
Thought about putting a fan in the top of the roof blowing horizontal to help deal with fumes.
I have no electricity where I am planning on putting it and won't for a while.
unless I can talk the power co nto it. :)
any suggestions.
thought about putting electric motors on the mill and getting a genset maybe.
D&L TS 36 DTH twin saw

Frickman

What we did on my mill is buy a 10 foot length of stainless steel flex exhaust hose from NAPA. We attached it to the Detroit's muffler, made a 90 degree bend, attached a length of straight pipe, and sent it out the side of the building. It works real well. My last mill we had a straight pipe go up through the roof. That worked too, but you couldn't seal off the water running down the pipe.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

BBTom

I work in a three sided shed all the time with my mill (42hp Kubota) and have no problems with the diesel fumes.  I would suggest at least 10' sidewall to give clearance for the fumes to get out above you. 
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

Thank You Sponsors!