iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Innerspace from Florida

Started by Jeff, March 14, 2007, 10:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodbowl

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Nope Nope, I can say we aint got any of these where I live.

Jeff

New clue. Not something I want to meet on a dark night...

Radar67

It's some kind of a seed pod.
Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

You could also say it aint a mineral. :)  Or Not. It could be an ALIEN POD!

Furby

Jeff

Radar67

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Furby

Fruit what ya looking for ???

Jeff

species! Its not magnolia.  :)

Furby

Thought you had sycamore up there ???

Jeff

Yer way COLD now!

Jeff B, Board Moderator

Furby

Yeah, it's pretty cold out right now compared to the last few days. :D
Sycamore and Gum are the only two I have to work with, so I'll just have to wait til someone else solves it.

Radar67

Jeff

smiley_clapping SWEET GUM!

DanG

I didn't see this thread until it was too late to guess.  The first pic looks like a barbequed house cat. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Texas Ranger

I don't even want to know how  you know what a bar-b-qued house cat looks like.  That yankee aint contaminated you, has he?

DanG

There are other things I know that you wouldn't care to know how I know. ;D

There was some talk earlier today on another thread, about shipping a wayward raccoon to Texas for the purpose of human consumption.  It brought to mind an old tradition hereabouts, involving the sale of those animals in certain areas of town.  Folks in that neigborhood would give you $5 for one, but if it was already skint you had to leave one foot attached to prove it wasn't a cat. ;D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Texas Ranger

I believe most communities in the south had that sales area, up till about 5 years ago there was a commercial meat market in a town south of us that sold all sorts of wild meat, same conditions, had to have feet attached.  Health folks finally shut em down.

Murf

Quote from: DanG on March 15, 2007, 11:28:12 AM
........ if it was already skint you had to leave one foot attached to prove it wasn't a cat. ;D :D

Couple years back I was helpin' a buddy collect a car dat had been stolen and recovered by da police. It had been found, missing a few pieces, out da back of one of da locations of a local chain of all you can eat Chinese buffet restaurants.

While we was winchin' da car up onta da trailer a cat came runnin' past us like somebody had put turpentine in his Preperation H creme.  About a minute later a coupla da cooks came out da back door fer a smoke break, without missin a beat my buddy looks up at dem and says "He went dat a way just a second ago, if'n ya run yer likely ta still git him, but hurry!!!".   ;D

Da cooks wazn't sure what in da heck he was talkin about, but one a da policemen had ta sit down a spell he was laughin so hard.  :D

I don't eat der no more, jus can't bring m'self ta do it.  ::)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

SwampDonkey

Can't be no worst than the cabbage soup with aphids floating on top. Them aphids musta been used as spice, like black pepper only got a honey dew taste. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Good going Stew.  Dang, Dang.  That comment about the unskint foot attached sure was visual............... :)  Or, maybe the attached foot was skint, too....
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!