iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Glad to be on board Forestry Forum

Started by inspectorwoody, March 02, 2003, 04:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inspectorwoody

Hey Guys!

Just thought I would take a little time to introduce myself...

I am a NHLA Ceritifed Inspector. Graduated in the 136th class back in Dec of 2001. If any of you remember the thread started by Seth entitled Sawyers, I am an inspector for the same company. www.wlumber.com I am located at the Winthrop, Iowa mill. Just a young buck getting into the wonderful world of hardwoods and milling. Love it!! Recently purchased a Crab Circular Mill and look forward to becoming an weeked warrior!!  :D As I stated over there at WoodWeb, I will be more than happy to answer any grading questions any of you might have etc. I again want to Thank ElectricAl for his warm welcome and his invite to come down and see his operation. He is a very intelligent individual and I look forward to working with him, along with everyone else here on The Forestry Forum. As Margaret Meal once said "Never doubt that a small group of comitted citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that has," we too as individuals in the lumber industry can come together and make a difference.

Again Thanks Al and I am glad to be here. Again I look forward to working with all.

Tom

welcome to the forestry forum, Inspectorwoody.  keep an ear to the board and i'm sure you will be a great help. :)

Fla._Deadheader

Did you happen to see my post "How about explaining", on the sawmill forum?? I Don't want to be a professional grader, but, would like to know roughly what the graders look for to determine the grade or de-grade of rough sawn boards, both before and after kiln drying. Thanks, and welcome to the forum.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Why do I want to call you gadget? :D

Guess what inspector, we can put ya to work rith away. Here is a link to a thread you might be able to ad quite a bit to.

https://forestryforum.com/cgi-bin/board/YaBB.pl?board=sawmill;action=display;num=1046628382

Sorry about this but I had to do it...(Oh, not the message thread, you'll find out what I mean. ;D)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mark M

Hi Woody

Welcome a-board (get it - a board  :D). I'm sure you will like it here, but I don't think I would go around telling people you graduated 136th in your class, they might get the wrong idea!  :D :D

Mark

inspectorwoody

Mark M

Graduated in the 136th Class!!! lol Do you need glasses?!  :D

Jeff

Thanks for the icon!! I guess I should say "Did you do that!!" I like it!  :)

Tom

Cool picture, Jeff.  But, how do you get away with calling Deadheader, Gidget? :D

Haytrader

Mark,

I DonT think ewe reed it right!

;)

Er elfs ewe R twing two bee funny.
8)  8)
Haytrader

Mark M

Twying, but maybe not hard enough!  :D

Tom

I thought it was funny.  .......then I'm easily entertained. :D :D

Paul_H

It worked for me :D

Welcome Inspector Woody
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

RMay

RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Corley5

Welcome!  It's good to have another circular mill guy around.  We've got to stick together.  There aren't many of here ;D :D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Norm

Welcome inspector, did you ever find a map with Bangor on it. ;D  In case you didn't it's a speck of a town 7 miles south of Union. We live next to the cemetary, nice quiet folks, don't keep us up at night with parties.

inspectorwoody

Norm

never found ya on the map! those folks next door don't get to upset by the noise do they!!!!

Eggsander

Welcome Woody, it'll be a great addition to have someone with your expertise to tap on occasion.  :P
Hey Norm, Bangor ain't so hard to find, on the map at least. I think I've been through there. We've done some work off and on down in that area. Just got done with a chunk of the Ave. of the Saints North of you up at Owasa.  :)
Steve

Norm

DanG Eggsander wish I'd known you were in the area. If you get this way again give me a heads up and we'll see if we can get together for a cup of coffee. You know I'd forgotten about that project, be nice when it's completed.

See Woody it's not so hard to find Bangor even though Owasa is a Metropolis in comparison.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Eggsander

I'll let you know Norm, I ain't been down for awhile now. All the work we've got now is North of the border, but I'll no doubt have something to go see in that direction eventually.
Steve

Thank You Sponsors!