Sponsors:

bel saw

Started by deadeye, March 13, 2007, 01:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadeye

how much are these saws worth.  one that is driven by tractor pto and running
just curious

Bibbyman

I think it veries from model and condition.

Sawmill Exchange usually has a bunch advertized.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Don P

I think my '94 model M-14 ran 6K new. I've seen them often in the 2-3k range.

happyj

Can you still get parts for them? I am anticipating buying a bandsawmill (hobby) size to cut my own timbers for barn and house in the next few years. I do not see many used ones for sale but, see the belsaws all the time on the sawmill exchange. Just am not sure i could keep it together without the parts availability.

Just wondering if i should consider one?

Kcwoodbutcher

Call Timberking, it is the decendant of the Belsaw mill and I think they might have an old one  sitting in the plant.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Don P

TK has dropped support, they only made them for a year or so after I got mine. They are selling parts from stock and some wear items will be replaced periodically, in other words call them first for a part, then scrounge, then machine shop. Most of the parts are pretty basic, 90% of what breaks I build a new stronger part for. These are the model T's of sawmills, not too complicated, not too efficient, not too strong, not too accurate, but it'll get you there. With the same money again, I might look at a Norwood, dunno, I still have the original blade on this, its cheap to run.

happyj

Thansks
I believe i will save for the bandmill. I have been in contact with the alaskan sawmill guy and hope to see one of those come off the ship in Seattle next time he sells one that is going locally to Seattle.

Thank You Sponsors!