iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logging the hard way

Started by jim king, March 07, 2007, 08:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

I thought you might enjoy a simple logging method.  These blocks were carried out about 4 1/2 miles.  Between today and tomorrow we will have brought out close to 20,000 bf.

Don K

How were the blocks cut and what species are they?  Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

jim king

These are all cut freehand with chainsaws.  The species today were Orange Agate, Queenwood, Tigre Caspi some bloodwood and limoncillo.

thecfarm

How many man,I suppose,carried these?Nice looking wood.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jim king

Cfarm:  In this area I have  five families working on 100 acres.  We will thin it out and take about 200,000 bf.  We have about 40,000 bf per acre here of 12 inch dba and above.  In six months at the most you will not know we were there and then will go back in 5 years for the same amount.  Our problem is the distance between trees of a species.  Some species will have only 1 or 2 trees every 100 acres.

Buzz-sawyer

Very interesting and enlightening.....have you considered and other on site milling, like poratable slabbing chainsaw mills or swing blades to break the wood up inthe forest?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

jim king

Buzz-sawyer:  In the area we are working the land is so hilly and full of small rivers that it is not really practicle to do it any other way than what we are doing.  I wish there was a better way.

thecfarm

Did you see this thread semologger?

jim king logging

Interesting reading and some more pictures.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ianab

Of course with guys that can freehand that well with a chainsaw, who needs an Alaskan mill  :D

I haul my mill to some pretty remote spots, and we have basically hand carried it the last 50 ft to some logs. But that takes 4 people and it's NOT easy. (Peterson WPF)

I still think a Lucas or ATS style mill could be carried in, if you were prepared to break the saw carriage down into parts that could be moved easily by 2 guys. May be worth talking to Peterson about a mod that would allow a quick breakdown and re-assembly of the carriage.

One that has been done in NZ is to drop a tree in the bush and lower a mill in by chopper. Saw the log and lift the boards and mill out again. But with the hourly rate on choppers, Jim's crew is probably cheaper  :D

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

jim king

This photo shows how the blocks come out , up and over hills and over or thru creeks.  There is no end coating as we have very little cracking on most of the species and the ones that do have a tendancy to crack it seems that there is nothing to do to stop the problem. 

As for how many we can get out in a day it depends on how many uncles, cousins , brothers
etc. etc. show up to earn a little money.  We have had 10,000 bf days.  Two men put the cant on the back of the third and away he goes.  This is also a special event as at nightfall out comes 40 gallons of white lightning to seal the day and a good meal that the women prepared during the day.

The second photo is one of the woods that is like glass, the only way I have been somewhat successful is boiling the boards prior to drying.

Greenedive

Quote from: jim king on March 10, 2007, 10:21:41 AM
This is also a special event as at nightfall out comes 40 gallons of white lightning to seal the day and a good meal that the women prepared during the day.
Wow!!! 40 gallons of white lightning would surely put a seal on anyone's day! :D

What is the wood in the second picture, Jim? Beautiful turning!!

jim king

Greenedive:  The vase is made of Palo Cruz .  It is hard as steel and brittle as glass.  The tree only grows to 16 to 18 inches in dia. but 75 to 90 foot tall and only about 4 to 6 inches in the heartwood  is black.  But it does make beautiful two color turnings.

sawmillsi

G'day mate!

I thought I'd get back into the posting action - here are some pictures from Papua New Giunea.

We currently use 5 Ecosaw's (we make them ourselves, but see D & L's swingblade for info) in the bush to mill trees where they fall.

We then use small 2 small 35hp tractors to pull the timber out to a road using trailers, then transport to a bigger road using my Toyota Landcruiser or Hilux, then transfer to our 4 x 4 Isuzu for transport back to our yard for grading and packing (we export to Australia and Europe).

If the conditions are bad in the bush, we also hand carry the timber up to 6km's using local villagers.

Our tractors are a really old Ford and a new Chinese copy of a New Holand (we put a frame on it to try and protect it from the rough drivers) - the chinese tractor cost $12,400!

We send about 40m3 per month out in export grade and about the same into local timber products (pallets and surveying pegs)

Here is a brige we made over a creek - nb. this is a short term bridge (no more than 6 months of use)

Following the tractor out of the bush

Transfering timber from the tractor to my Landcruiser - road is about 4 kms from where we cut the timber. Have to drive about 20kms and through 4 rivers to get back to the main road where the 4 x 4 Isuzu takes the timber

At our bush camp (after 3 rivers and 2 bog holes), from here another 3 km's to where we cut timber

Our 4 x 4 Isuzu truck

Paking export grade timber onto a flatrack

jim king

It sure looks and sounds familiar.  I think those guys in North America have way to many toys dont you?  Or maybe they just have enough brains not to end up in places like us.  Are you in a heavy rainfall area I assume ?

gizmo

Should invest in a good ATV. It'll get across the water and up the hills and it only drinks gasoline...

sawmillsi

Way too mnay toys!!!

We use tugger winches, jacks and lots and lots of levers.

We have just finished working in an area where the logs had to be rolled down a hill before we could mill them.

We will be looking at a D3 in the future so we can tidy up the access roads a bit more and maybe pull a few logs.

Monday we have a crew hand shovelling gravel into our truck and then spreading out on the access road cause the 4 x 4 Isuzu got stuck on the main access road on Friday night.

We have at least 10cm (4") of rain, 3-4 nights a week. We have to becarefull if we are up the bush and need to get back, cause when it starts raining the rivers come up very quickly!

I have been offered an ATV, about 500cc, but not interested! A 35 hp tractor is more our way! I am going to fit a grader blade to the back of it so we can tidy up the road a bit more.

Si

semologger

sorry!!! thecfarm i had been drinking. no need to be mean

Greenedive

Hey semologger,
thecfarm wasn't being mean....in his post, click on on the blue print jim king logging and it will take you to a different post about the same subject where Jim explained his operation in more detail.
You'll find most of the guys on here are pretty friendly and helpful.... smiley_beertoast

semologger

Ianab

Yup, an ATV is good for getting places, but it wont haul a heavy trailer and decent wack of boards like a 4WD tractor will. I've used one to move my mill and haul out boards, but you end up making plenty of trips  ::)

I havent seen the Ecosaws up close, but from the pictures I've seen they break down into more 'man-portable' sized parts. I would think thats a big plus in that sort of operation  :)

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

sawmillsi

Hi Ian,

From previous posts you probably know that i am a Peterson man through-and-through, but the compnay i have started working for up here have been making and selling first the Lewisaw then, when it finished up, started making the Ecomill.

So everyone here understands them and its easy for them.

Who knows, in a year or two, there might be a dozen Peterson 8" ATS's cutting timber instead.

Si

tawilson

This morning, there was a thing on WNBC out of NYC about logging in Peru. They had some unbelievable wood furniture on display. I wish I could find a link to it.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

jim king

tawilson: Here are some typical pieces we make out of local wood.  In a couple of years I would like to have a furniture factory.  Now we just make pieces for photos and the grandaughter is the recipiant of most.  In a couple of years when she finishes college she should have enough furniture for a couple of houses.

leweee

jim.....what kind of wood is the red & white chest made of ???

And BTW that's great looking furniture. 8) 8) 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Greenedive

I was going to ask the same thing, Leweee. ;D
Beautiful work, Jim....did you do this all yourself? Love the 4-poster!!!

jim king

Yes , I make everything but I dont do the hand sanding and rubbing on the finish.  All three pieces are the same wood-Pink Flame but the color on the photos really came out looking different but they are the same colors in person.  This is what more or less keeps one sane in the jungle.  Here is another piece, a champagne bucket about 56 inches tall.  I forget exactly but I think this cooler had about 300 pieces glued up prior to turning.

leweee

WOWthat cooler sure is a piece of work. (300 piece glue up)

jIm is there a Latin name for Pink Flame wood. ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

jim king

The Pink Flame wood took us a couple of years to identify.  Here is a note from our scientist at the U of SC when he finally figured it out.  Later it turned out that the first person documented to have collected the wood was a German in 1794 on the Javari River between Brazil and Peru.  Luckily our scientist in SC is fluent in German as he is a nationalized Hungarian or we still would not know what it is as you can see only a couple of samples existed in the world.  The USDA Tropical Forestry lab in WI refused to believe the photos until we got full samples to them.  We have since found a couple of new species of the same family that have not ever been documented as we know of.  I will attach a photo of one of them.  This one still has no name.

Jim,

A short note, which I will expand later:

I have dissected the flowers, took pictures, and compared the data to all but two books (the report on the Explorama flora and the other one on the Leticia site) I just requested these books from interlibrary loan.

Pink flame hembra keys out clearly to the Rinorea subgroup IIa.1. 'Haughtii' Multivenosa complex. It only contains two species which have so far been known to science only from a handful of collections from southern Colombia and SW Brazil from Acre (Acre is the Brazilian state across the border river).

Hembra is distinct from macho, but I can only judge hembra because ony hembra came with flowers. Hembra is clearly distinct from both species in the multivenosa complex, and unless it matches some new species that might be revealed in the above two books, we are dealing with a new species of a rare genus. Rare because rarely encountared, nevertheless the tree may be locally common. You can tell me how common it is on your sites.

Therefore the name will have to revised from Rinorea aff. multivenosa or R. aff. longistipula to Rinorea sp. nov. #1.

Exciting!

Mihaly

leweee

Thanks Jim for the enlightenment,,,,,I take it that is one rare species. ;D

thecfarm

No tree huggers over there Jim?We won't tell anyone that you are cutting down rare trees that can't be found aywheres else in the world.    :D  That is some really nice looking wood.Good job on all of the pieces you have made.Keep the photos coming and the comments.This is very interesting reading.

Don K

The tropics surely has some beautiful wood species.  :)         Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

jim king

We do have a lot of tree huggers come here on missions to reforest.  They are very surprised when the fly in and cannot see a bare spot and the only place to reforest would be along the streets in town.  All the other areas in the jungle reforest themselves very fast and regrowth from the slash and burn areas starts when whatever crop is harvested. The other problem is the heat and humidity, if in fact there was somewhere to reforest they wouldnt make it two hours.

The species we work with are considered firewood by local and international authorities.  The only thing the authorities consider valuable is Mahogany and Spanish Cedar neither of which is worth cutting.

Here are some photos why an ATV has problems.  The man in the photo behind the stump is Mihaly , our scientist from the U of SC.

treebucker

Hello Jim,
Very interesting. Good product and good stewardship.

Ok, I got lazy and I didn't read all of this thread...so some of what I say here may have allready been covered. I've seen the suggestions about the portable mills. Good idea if you can figure out how to make it work. But it still leaves you with packing the lumber out. (Same problem/different form.) So what to do?

- Is there any pack animals available?
- The American Indians used two long poles to pack loads. They were attached to their horse at one end and drug the ground on the other. This divided the weight between the horse and the ground.
- Wheels are our friend. A wheelbarrow would be a good idea but I think the sturdy ones are too heavy and wide to be of great benefit. Could you design your own around a short section of an aluminum ladder - with a tall wheel (sturdy bicycle-type wheel) for easy rolling on one end (drop-down frame from the axle to place more of the load on the wheel) and handles that flare out at the other end for easy leverage/balance.

The mud may rule all. But I might suggest starting with a smooth tire so it wouldn't collect mud as easy and would shed it better. The only problem is it might slide sideways on slopes. If it fails the test then think of designs similar to the front tire on a farm tractor.

I'm sure you are smarter than I am. Just thinking out loud.
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and
I thought to myself, "Where the heck is the ceiling?!" - Anon

Willow

Quote from: jim king on March 07, 2007, 08:13:53 PM
These are all cut freehand with chainsaws.  The species today were Orange Agate, Queenwood, Tigre Caspi some bloodwood and limoncillo.
So what are the sceintific names?  I have never heard of any of these!

beenthere

Welcome to the Forum

Good question. I been wonderin the same thing.  Like our native woods, a lot of common names get tossed around and pick up local popular (not poplar  :) ) names. 

Maybe Mihaly knows them names.   ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jim king

Beenthere and Willow:

Here is a list of some of the most popular of our woods that we have identified.  You will see a poster of Tigre Caspi .  As there has never been a study done here showing all the details of a species we are slowly working on it and generating posters of photo quality that we donate to the Dept of Natural Resources and others so they know what they have.  As for common names most of the woods we work with have never had a commercial use other than firewood the locals have never bothered to put a local name on many.  That is no problem as I just invite over a couple of friends and a couple of bottles of rum and by the end of the afternoon we have a common name/marketing name.  Much easier than a scientific name.

I will attach a poster but it is hard to see being reduced as the standard size is 18 " x 24 " and also an interesting letter from our scientist explaining why wood looks like it does and a photo of what our conference room looks like everynight when he is here working.  This is a long post in order to answer well so be patient.

LISTA DE ESPECIES DE MIHALY      

1   Aniba rosaeodora    Palo de rosa   Lauraceae
2   Astrocaryum murumuru var. macrocalyx   huicungo   Arecaceae
3   Brosimum rubescens   bloodwood   Moraceae
4   Brosimum sp.   arco iris   Moraceae
5   Brownea grandiceps   palo cruz negro   Caesalpiniaceae
6   Calycophyllum spruceanum   Black capirona   Rubiaceae
7   Clarisia racemosa   Guariuba   Moraceae
8   Cynometra bauhinifolia   A sort of Dalmatan   Caesalpiniaceae
9   Diplotropis purpurea   Chontaquiro negro   Fabaceae
10   Dipteryx micrantha   Shihuahuaco   Fabaceae
11   Helicostylis scabra   madera café con amarilla   Moraceae
12   Macrolobium acaciifolium   Pashaco (not black but orange)   Mimosaceae
13   Ormosia arborea   Huayruro   Fabaceae
14   Pagamea plicata   Mantona caspi, red queenwood   Rubiaceae
15   Peltogyne altissima   violeta   Caesalpiniaceae
16   Platymiscium sp.   sacha cumaceba banda ancha   Fabaceae
17   Platymiscium sp.   Orange agate   Fabaceae
18   Platymiscium sp.   black agate, cumaseba negra   Fabaceae
19   Pterocarpus amazonum   Maria buena   Fabaceae
20   Rinorea guianensis   Llama rosada macho   Violaceae
21   Rinorea racemosa   Llama rosada hembra   Violaceae
22   Simira cordifolia   Huacamayo   Rubiaceae
23   Swartzia arborescens   one type of Dalmatan   Fabaceae
24   Swartzia benthamiana?   Royal wood   Fabaceae
25   Swartzia leiocalycina   dark queenwood   Fabaceae
26   Swartzia sp.   Queen wood   Fabaceae
27   Tabebuia impetiginosa   Black tahuari, ebano verde   Bignoniaceae
28   Terminalia dichotoma   Black pashaca sin manchas   Combretaceae
29   Toulicia bullata   palo cruz blanco    Sapindaceae
30   Zygia cataractae   Tigre caspi   Mimosaceae
31   Zygia juruana   one sort of Tigrillo caspi   Mimosaceae

Jim,wood id mihaly.htm

The development of color in heartwood is just the tip of the
iceberg, as it were, of the chemical changes that take place during
transition from sapwood to heartwood, but it is something that we can
easily notice and appreciate.  The role of these chemical changes is to
make the wood tissue chemically protected and physically sealed for
durability and resistance to insects and fungi.
    There are 200-300 secondary metabolites, chemicals other than DNA,
sugar, proteins and players of essential metabolism, in any plant
tissue, including wood. Heartwood is special in that there is no DNA,
sugar, proteins or nitrogen left in it since it is dead tissue. These
chemicals were produced as the last act of plant metabolism in these
tissues. They are the products of dozens of biochemical programs,
encoded in DNA, and they run simultaneously, sometimes competing, their
relative speed depending on environmental (including minerals, stress,
and pathogens) and internal factors (genetic program in DNA). The end
result is, depending on the species, is a more or less uniform or very
variegated heartwood color. But there are always at least some of all
the chemicals present. It is their relative proportion and distribution
that changes, giving rise to visible patterns of color, patterns of
fragrance and invisible patterns of chemical deposition.
    Stress from drought, mineral deficiency, abundance, and most
importantly the constant attack by borers and fungus causes multitudes
of chemical responses in the wood and mostly this is what causes the
patterns. The color pattern is a visual snapshot of combat situations
and moving fighting fronts frozen for eternity at the time of heartwood
formation. Plants have a lot of chemical defenses that act like
immunity. Colored substances often tend to react with DNA, hence the
color in wood.
    Minerals may contribute but not as much as the layman's notion.
Plants regulate what they take up by their roots and only few chemicals
can be taken up in excess.

When the defenses of wood are broken, spalting happens. Spalting also
produces colors which are a combined result of the sapwood and the
microbe, therefore more colors may be produced then what the tree alone
could produce, and this may be specific to a given location or unique.
Many fungus are colored themselves, most have melanin that appears
bluish or black, brown.

I use chemical fingerprinting to distinguish and classify samples but I
still use a microtome to make thin sections for microscopy when I
already have a guess. As I said, the information on wood anatomy and
plant diversity of the region is insufficient and spread between
hundreds of articles and books, so keying out a species is not
instantaneous to say the least. But I am better prepared for legumes
and
especially Dalbergia and Machaerium because I already have done the
literature research.

We should be mindful of the sensitivities of the local botanists and
should observe the local regulations. On the long term this study would
ideally benefit the local or national university in the form of
herbarium material and shared data, and should not appear as
exploitation. Just how to go about it should be sensibly worked out.

Pink woods: Truly clear pink woods are rare and therefore valuable.

Pink ivory is a deep pink wood, often without figure.

But even in Peru there should be some tulipwood (Dalbergia
decipularis),
which is streaked with pink. Then you have bloodwood (Brosimum) which
could be deep red or purplish pink, like your rainbow wood. I also
expect Simira, which is brick red in the heartwood, but neon pink in
the
sapwood or wherever you break the epidermis. Then Aspidosperma, which
in
Colombia produces neon pink with some yellow splashes.

I cannot immediately recall more. Most other woods are not pure pink.
Pure purple colors are also not common. Peltogyne is outstanding of
course. But queenwood is remarkable with its magenta colors even though
it mutes into brown.

More later.

Greenedive

Jim,
I've gotta say...this Mihaly's disertation on colors and patterns in heartwood is very enlightening and very well written. I am impressed...I had no idea so many factors came into play....
Quote from: jim king on March 13, 2007, 12:24:09 PM
Stress from drought, mineral deficiency, abundance, and most
importantly the constant attack by borers and fungus causes multitudes
of chemical responses in the wood and mostly this is what causes the
patterns. The color pattern is a visual snapshot of combat situations
and moving fighting fronts frozen for eternity at the time of heartwood
formation.

He has great poetic potential also....love the line...."moving fighting fronts frozen for eternity at the time of heartwood  formation." He must love his work....seriously.

Thanks for sharing this with us....I think we all appreciate the beauty in the color and grain of the wood...but I know I, for one, never knew the complexity of the process to attain those colors and grain patterns.
Kewl!!!

Burlkraft

This is a VERY intersting thread...very good reading... ;D ;D

Thanks....
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Sprucegum

I too have been amazed at the knowledge shared here.

The next log I cut into I will be looking very closely at the heartwood, the colors, the fight zone....  8)

If this learning curve continues I'm going to need a bigger brain  ;D

Max sawdust

THANK YOU 8)
This thread will keep me day dreaming for a week.

I am contemplating importing exotics to sell as S4S boards on the internet.  This pink flame is amazing :o  In my opinion Jim is doing the right thing by making "samples".  With all the great woods of the world, everyone seems to be stuck on just a few species. 

willow, welcome to the forum, from another cheese head.

Interesting reading the scientific descriptions.  It got me thinking about some of my red oak, which has an fairly bright pink color, especially around bug holes.  Must be some chemical reaction?

On the subject of tools/toys.  I would think a lewis winch as found in the Baileys catalog could be handy in the bush.

max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

sawguy21

I am really enjoying this thread. It is a great insight into your logging methods and the turnings are absolutely beautiful.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

Quote from: jim king on March 11, 2007, 09:50:12 PM
Luckily our scientist in SC is fluent in German as he is a nationalized Hungarian or we still would not know what it is as you can see only a couple of samples existed in the world. 

Dr. 'Woody' Sebastian was my wood tech/ID professor. He was also Hungarian. Everyone knew him by his phrase 'You do not know what is vood? Vood is a hygroscopic ma ter i al.' ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jim king

I thought you might enjoy some more photos from yesterday.  Yes I did make it known that I was not happy about the secretary using the chain saw.  The tree she is falling and standing on and by is Black Ipe .  The cants being carried out are yellow heart.

Greenedive

That girl needs some safety equipment, Jim......but the important question is...
Is she married??? 8)

jim king

40 year old  ( unmarried ) mother of a 21 and 13 year old.  Not for sale, spent to many years training her.  If you want to live here it could be considered.  She makes Margaret Thatcher look like a cheese cake.  One tough woman.

jim king

Another photo of how trees are felled in the Amazon.   This is the standard way and NOBODY is going to tell them different.  Scares me to death.

thecfarm

That is one scary stump.I could say a lot,but it would not matter.How far did they have to carry the cants this time?

jim king

thecfarm:  These photos are of the same piece of land as the others.  They are carrying now a maximum of about 4 miles.

TexasTimbers

This thread reads like a novel. Lovin it.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Max sawdust

Quote from: jim king on March 30, 2007, 09:18:04 PM
Another photo of how trees are felled in the Amazon.   This is the standard way and NOBODY is going to tell them different.  Scares me to death.

:o :o :o
Those loggers must have relatives up my way :D  I just noticed some "funny" looking stumps, that looked just like that., while driving down the highway the other day :o
Max
Yes this thread does read like a novel.  I am thoroughly enjoying the pictures and stories ;D  Keep it coming!
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

jim king

This is an example of the problems in the Amazon.  One photo shows the pile of wood covered with banana leaves ready to cover with dirt and set afire to burn slowly for a couple of days to make charcoal.   The other photo is the charcoal actually being made inside the dirt cover.   This person doing clear the cutting  for charcoal production will make about $6 per cubic yard of charcoal.

If he were allowed to legally cut the wood for flooring he would receive $201 .  How much less would he have to cut to make a living ?  Plus it would create manufacturing jobs and an export income of at least $1000.

thecfarm

Nice pictures and infro jim.What a effort to make charcoal.How much is made like this in a year?I suppose the pile of wood is covered up with a shovel and removed the same way?Makes me want to cry the way you say things are done.What a waste of good wood.Please keep the photos and infro coming.Sure is a differant way of life than what I am use too.

jim king

There are millions of people in the Amazon with the mature trees falling over and rotting and the`people do not have work so they cook  over the cheapest way to cook  ( charcoal and wood )  and eat boiled fish, boiled banana and boiled yuca.  All quite horrible.  And yes they do suck out the eyeballs.  This slash and burn land produces basicly nothing as far as crops but they have no alternative as they cannot legally cut wood for lumber.  When they can they kill any animal that comes near them for food also.

Thank You Sponsors!