iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any one know about a T V show ... Filming of !!!

Started by isawlogs, March 06, 2007, 08:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Called   **    The new Paul O'Grady show   **  out of the UK

:P :P :P :P :P

Jeff ...
  I had fun  .. more when I get back home  , I have no means of down loading the camera here ...

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Looking forward to hearing about it. Are you going to get a star in hollywood?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

I was asked to be a consultant and participant for this show . Well not one to let a challenge go , I accepted .

I was to have to teach two persons , man and woman ( not a couple ) to be able to survive over night in the Canadian wilderness .
Not a big issue , if you are born and raised here ... to be able to stay out one night in the winter ... but if you are from Britain and have never had more then an inche or so of snow , have never had snow up to your knees , or stood out in -20 C temperature ....  then it could be an issue . I had a lot of questions to answer ... a lot of advise to give out .

First thing was to get them into warm clothes then snow shoes ...  Had them collect things they would be needing for there stay out over night . They needed some birch bark .. thats if they wanted fire . Wich is a good thing to have if you want to have some heat , and to eat .
   Their main concern where bears  ::) and wolves , first one was easy for me .. second easier . Only need to be able to run and  have one person slower then you  ;D
  They on the other hand did not find this amusing .  ::)  there where deer tracks all over , some german sheperd tracks ...  They only saw wolve tracks ... ;D 

They arrived in the morning , and I had the afternoon to teach them what they need to know for there stay , that is .. how to walk with snow shoes , start a fire with only a few matches , put a tent up , set the sleeping bags and mattress in , catch super , cook said super .. stay the night , make fire in the morning ... 

Driving to the set ....

This is Josée , she has just got back from an expidition to the south pole , the filming was done on her property ...

Getting things ready the day before ... had to set up some type of base camp , a fire for lunch , this is Mike , my nephew on the axe .

We found out real quick that there was a whole bunch of slush on the lake early in the morning ...  we made a snow bridge path to the holes and they where nice and froze the next day ....

We had to be careful out on the lake , there where a lot of places that the lake had not froze , the ice was only a foot thick . This is a pic of one air hole about twenty feet from where we where to be fishing ....  Our camera crew thought it was a bit to close for comfort and had our friends from Britain fish from a hole a little farther away from this ... ::)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

thurlow

Never heard of the show, but I enjoyed the tour.  What makes the ground so white?;  around "here", the ground/vegetation just turns brown in the winter.....................
Here's to us and those like us; DanG few of us left!

metalspinner

isawlogs,

Will this be aired in the states, or perhaps the internet? 

That seems like such an easy task...Stay alive one night in the Canadian wilderness. :D  Maybe the show is really about staying alive in the Canadian wilderness with a member of the opposite sex. :D :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Sprucegum

Sounds like fun!

When you grow up in a certain lifestyle you don't realize how much you really know till you meet someone who has never seen what you see every day.

A night in the bush is no problem but please don't make me spend a night in a big-city subway  :-\

asy

Wow Marcel!

yer a star!

But we knew that already...

More updates when you can, please :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

isawlogs

I might be able to spend a night in a subway .. but I aint sure I would really like to try and survive a night out where Dan and Tom live ....

Some pics of the making of .. I dont have all of the pics .. some are in a camera over in Britain and have not made there way here yet ... but as they do trickal in I will put em up here ...
    Sitting by the fire having lunch, sausages and buns , tea coffee ,first for Susan and Diggler .

We had the fire going all day .. we filmed some on this lake , then moved to the other lake where the tentswhere to be set up I prepared the fire the day before with Mike , had it covered with some balsam branches , allthat was needed was one match.

The filming ,from far back to front , Kate associate producer, with pink tucque , George , camera man , Don sound technitian and last  James , associate ptoducer , standing there shivering , he has the green tuque ..

This is what they where getting on film ...  Susan and Digger trying hard to put a tent together ....  this was around 4:45 PM

Still at it ... past five when this was taken... it was dark by the time they got it up and ready for some bedding ...

We suplied them with foam padding , a air mattress and a down(?) sleeping bag , the best you can buy .. litterally  ;) Theses sleeping bags are custom made for North and South pole expiditions ... Where you would be sleeping in a tent in -60C conditiond often ....   So the gear they had was m,ore then suffientent for the -20C that was forcasted ... 
   I left a few minutes after this shot was taken , I was to come back in the morning ... after they had a fire going and that I could see the smoke  splitwood_smiley fire_smiley
  They still had to cook their fish , See I have a lot of pics that need be sent to me yet .. the afternoon was spent collecting birch bark , twigs , and fire wood .. their was also lunch by the lake, Fishing for super  ;D  ( Captain Highliner was involved here some ) and super on the shore also ... Sortilege ( Whiskey with Maple sirop ) Was brought out to warm the insides of some that needed a bit more then a fire .  :) Good stuff too .  smiley_smug01
  We had home baked beans , deer stew , home baked bread maple sirop and some tea , and or coffee .

The next morning .....

More to come .  ;)

Marcel

Norm

Sprucegum

Whiskey with maple syrup  :o    bet I could live all winter on that  ;D  8)  ;D

asy

wow Marcel, it's fascinating!

Tell me, does the fire melt the snow it's sitting on? How does that work, wouldn't the fire sink into the snow, or isn't the snow that deep?

Where's the show going to be aired? I'd sure love to see it!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!