iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

O Canada - A request

Started by mike_van, March 05, 2007, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_van

Would you please [each & everyone] do something about all the cold air thats blasting down upon us?  Here we are doing all we can to warm up the planet, and you're just ruining it.  Please keep some of this latest batch up there where Yukon Jack lives, and send it down in July & August. Is that a lot to ask?  :D :D :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Kevin

I'm really busy up here this week, ask me next week.

It's all part of global freezing.
All the birds left four months ago and I don't see them returning any time soon.
The icebergs are increasing in size, ice caps are growing and all the inland lakes are hard.

SOUND THE ALARM!

WDH

Those guys must be working hard up there, but they are not getting the job done.  If they ate mo' grits with country ham and red-eye gravy, maybe they could do a better job keeping the cold up there (versus letting it come down here).  May have to send DanG up there as a consultant............... :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawdust

I thought we were doing a real good job hanging on to the cold. We have only had one day of thawing for waaay to long. At least we are getting some sun again.

sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Tom Sawyer

I'm doin my part - I got the woodstove blastin hot air up the chimney.  Should be doin something to the cold air coming your way ;D ;D ;D

Jeff

I  did something about it!  I'm now typing on Toms keyboard.  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

Yep Boss,

Looks like you migrated south 8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

Quote from: WDH on March 05, 2007, 08:16:33 PM
May have to send DanG up there as a consultant............... :)

I checked my schedule and it looks like I have an opening in early August. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

You might better wait till late August because it might not yet be summer in early august :D.

pasbuild

You can't be getting any snow and cold air down south,. I know for a fact that its ALL landing in my front yard.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

SwampDonkey

-2 F here this morning. Dropped about 30 degrees over night.  splitwood_smiley fire_smiley
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raphael

It's a balmy -2°f up here as well.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

millit

-32 with the wind here 5:30 am

OneWithWood

You would think with all the hot air being generated in the southern latitudes that the cold air would not be able to penetrate.  Somebody is not doing their job!  TR where are you?  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Murf

I still say it's only passing through, it's coming from Alaska, dat's what you get fer buyin' da place from da Rooskie's in da first place.

DanG, no need to wait fer August, it's plenty nice here by June, by August it's gittin' too hot.

B'sides, our channel cat taste better, da cold water makes em' sweeter.  ;)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

crtreedude

Jeff - the cold can still reach you in Florida - you have go as far south as me to escape it.  ;)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

leweee

:D  :D  :D STOP GLOBAL WHINING  :D  :D  :D
splitwood_smiley fire_smiley splitwood_smiley fire_smiley splitwood_smiley fire_smiley splitwood_smiley fire_smiley splitwood_smiley splitwood_smiley fire_smiley splitwood_smiley fire_smiley splitwood_smiley fire_smiley
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

SwampDonkey

The cold keeps more than the flies away.  ;D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

tonich

Why don’t you, all folks in the United States strike back, sending the warmest air in August and make those Canadian guys sweat!?  ;D :D

dundee

Good heavens, how do you fella's survive in that cold?--our forcast today is going to be 31deg. C, dunno how I can shoot some of this heat your way
Richard

SwampDonkey

The thermometer only increased 1 F, still 1 below zero.  Gonna be even colder tonight. ::)

mike_van

Here's the latest data from Mt. Washington N.H. - Temp -30.9 F    Wind  NW @ 94.1 mph      Gust to 103.6 mph      W. Chill   -84.8F   Now thats cold!
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

thecfarm

March is not treating the state of Maine very well.This morning it was -8.I put all my cold weather gear on to do chores.Not that bad out,cold,but I could stand it.Ate breakfast,put all my cold weather gear back on and went and got some hay.What happened!!! Wind blowing and it is COLD out there.I will stick close to the fire.I'm not going back out for any lenght of time.Blankets are still on the horses.We thought about taking them off 4 days ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stephen Alford

Told a chum in newfoundland about your request to end  winter,said he would get right to it bye as soon as the sun comes up or out. :)                                                 
mg]
logon

thecfarm

Now that is some snow.Took me a minute to realize what the picture was.I almost feel bad about complaining about the cold.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!