iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Total eclipse of the moon

Started by sprucebunny, March 03, 2007, 05:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

...is happening NOW. With it's peak at about 6:21.
Hope it's clear out where you are ;D

Sure not going to see it here .
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

mike_van

We can just see it Joan, about half the moon is covered when it should be full.    Some 10 [i think] years ago the earth got eclipsed by the moon [remember that?] Now, that was creepy. Mid day, it got pretty dark.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Furby

That would be a solar eclipse.
What is happening now is called a lunar eclipse. :)

Larry

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

sprucebunny

Thanks, Larry . I was hoping for a picture  :)

Yes, I remember a solar eclipse some time ago...that was freaky...the birds started singing like it was evening in the middle of the day !!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Larry

Show just ended...when does the next one start? :D ;D :D ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

SwampDonkey

Yeah I saw a glimpse at the end a little further along, looked like a bite out of the top right. All is back to normal now. I tried for a pic earlier when it was a red ball, but it wasn't bright enough to show up with a little thin layer of cloud. It ended here around 9:10 pm (not exact) Atlantic time.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wesdor

I walked out to get the mail and looked up at the moon - took me a second to realize it was an eclipse.  We were able to watch the last third of it. 

There are some great sights if we just take the time to look at them.

Glad others noticed - thanks Sprucbunny for alerting everyone.

Tom

It's got nothing to do with this lunar eclipse, but here is a picture of Barry Higgins and Johnny Lee racing a professional motocross in Ft. Pierce, Florida in 1970 during a total solar eclipse.

Fraxinus

Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2007, 08:38:32 PM
It's got nothing to do with this lunar eclipse, but here is a picture of Barry Higgins and Johnny Lee racing a professional motocross in Ft. Pierce, Florida in 1970 during a total solar eclipse.

Tom, I can tell you right where I was that day.  It was March 7, 1970 and it was a Saturday.  I was in boot camp at Parris Island, South Carolina and they kept us inside the barracks during the time of the eclipse.  I remember it well.
About a month later, I left that island and have never been back.  That was a happy day!!! 8) 8)
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

bull

SwampDonkey

Here's NASA's eclipse page

A Partial Solar Eclipse is due on March 19th best viewed in NE Asia and N Europe I think.

Well' see the August 28 Lunar eclipse at moonset.

http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/OH/OH2007.html

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Faron

Hmm, Re the 1970 total solar eclipse, I was 13, and helping my dad move hogs on the farm.  Course I was helping my dad move hogs just about every Saturday back then. :)  Funny, I had almost forgotten that.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Paschale

During that solar eclipse back in 1970, everything was dark, and I couldn't really see anything, or make any sense of it, since I was born about a month later.   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

pigman

Since it was cloudy last light  I missed seeing the eclipse of the moon . Tonight I made my own eclipse of the moon. 8) I just held up a black circle of paper at arms length and covered up most of the moon. I even made a total eclipse by totally covering the whole view of the moon. To save everyone that missed the eclipse from having to go outside in the cold to see the fake eclipse, I took a picture for you and all you have to do is cover part or all of the picture to see an eclipse. ;D

Bob
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!