iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Original blade made it one whole year...

Started by Troy, March 02, 2007, 06:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

...before my first damaging metal strike ont my Peterson ATS-8.  Guess that's not too bad.  I had sharpened that thing so many times it was probably due for new tips anyway.  I really love how easy it is to sharpen the blade on my Peterson.  Takes about ten minutes start to finish if you take your time!
Peterson ATS 8" 27hp

SPIKER

Troy:

I sent you a PM regarding how you like & use you're lucas

Mark :)
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Ianab

You do realise you have probably jinxed yourself now. First log with the new tips and I bet you hit something  :o :D.

But yes, in clean wood they last a long time :)

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Troy

Ian, I'll keep the metal detector close by!  Should have scanned the log that did me in.  It was the end of a two day milling job and I was worn out.  The client asked "can you get anything out of this small white oak log before you shut down".  I said sure thow it on the bunks and I'll have it done in a few minutes.  Two passes later - sparks were flying!

Spiker, My mill is a "Peterson".  Very similar in operation.  Peterson's are easier to make double cuts with.  PM heading back to ya!
Peterson ATS 8" 27hp

Thank You Sponsors!